Browser issue Issues with IE 11 Preview - Cant Post or Reply

Moddis

Seems like you cant post or reply to posts in the new IE 11 preview. It may just be something on their end that will get resolves once the final version is released but thought it would be good to have a heads up.

Seems like you cant post or reply to posts in the new IE 11 preview. It may just be something on their end that will get resolves once the final version is released but thought it would be good to have a heads up.

Thanks, but as this is IE's fault, this will just be marked as Browser Issue and then moved :)
If you feel like it should be fixed, you should report the bug at the Microsoft Website.

Thanks, but as this is IE's fault, this will just be marked as Browser Issue and then moved :)
If you feel like it should be fixed, you should report the bug at the Microsoft Website.
^ This

IE 11 is only in preview. And it seems to have an issue with submitting on most forum type web sites (not just forums, but other sites with impute boxes).

Would call this a browser issue.

Thanks! Glad its an IE issue and no extra work needed for the xenforo team.

How ironic that IE6-8 made life difficult for web developers because it was too outdated and so widely used, now IE11 is causing problems because it's "too advanced".

Thanks! Glad its an IE issue and no extra work needed for the xenforo team.

How ironic that IE6-8 made life difficult for web developers because it was too outdated and so widely used, now IE11 is causing problems because it's "too advanced".
calling something "advance" is often in the eyes of the beholder. :whistle:

I suspect that this is actually the same issue that came up in IE10 previews: IE completely broke Ajax-based POST requests. (I actually saw this come up in a ticket recently - the request is made but no data is sent.)

You can see reports about it in the jQuery bug tracker but there's literally nothing that can be done and it's not possible to detect.

This can be caused by IE add-ons.

Not only that but im also running a beta version of xenforo so its a double no support :p

I actually think I figured out a way to get xenforo to work with ie 11.
I am not sure what you are using but on my Surface RT i am running Windows rt 8.1 preview and for the life of me i couldn't figure out how to post on my forum, xenforo.com and other xenforo based forums.

What i did was I pressed the alt button in the desktop IE 11 and it brought up the Menu bar(File, Edit, View, Favorites, Tools, Help)

If you click tools, you'll have a dropdown menu and click "Compatibility View Settings"

A pop-up box will appear and you can then type your website(or whatever website in) and add it to the list and it'll refresh and you should be able to post fine without any issues.

I tried this admin-talk.com which is running 1.2 beta and it is fine and i am about to try it on my own site.

It's an easy fix I learned from Google :P

Top Bottom