1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Issue accessing XenForo.com

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by John L., Jul 24, 2011.

1. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

I am not sure if anyone has this same issue, but if I try to access www.xenforo.com, I get a server not found error from Firefox. Without the www. works fine as you can see. Just figured I would let you know.
  2. John L.

John L. Well-Known Member

Now it's working fine, weird. Must have been a momentary glitch or something. Carry on.
  3. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Server load was probably high due to the other site which is hosted on the same box.
  4. RobParker

RobParker Well-Known Member

Ah that makes sense, at times it does go quite slow on here for no obvious reason.
  5. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep it sure does. Not a good thing, for a company site.
  6. Deebs

Deebs Well-Known Member

I've noticed slowdowns have increased quite a bit over the last week.
    Digital Doctor likes this.
  7. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Yep they have.
  8. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

running super bad indeed.
  9. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

Which is the other site hosted here again?
  10. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

11. Steve10

Steve10 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's an absolutely massive site. Although to be honest I don't think the Xenforo site should be allowed to suffer because of it.
    Peggy likes this.
  12. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

Due to growth of both sites, we plan to move xenforo.com to its own server soon.
    Onimua, mcrider, laztrix and 7 others like this.
  13. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Xenforo has been MAD fast, almost always, except for the last week.
  14. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

Very soon, I hope. Because we've been "out there" touting how fast XF runs. If people come here because of that, and experience how slow it's been, they will turn and run, not walk, the other way. Some may have already done so.
    ArnyVee and erich37 like this.
  15. NURV

NURV Member

I ran into this yesterday. As somebody considering switching to xF it makes me cautious when the site is fast one second and then very slow the next. :)
    James likes this.
  16. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

I can certainly understand your caution. But as Kier stated above, they'll be moving XenForo to it's own server. Then you'll be able to see how fast it really is.
  17. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

it would be a lot faster if spacebattles would be running on XF-software ;)
    ArnyVee, Peggy and Dean like this.
  18. Peggy

Peggy Well-Known Member

haha true, very true.
  19. Onimua

Onimua Well-Known Member

Glad to know we won't have to deal with these issues for much longer. :D
    That's the eventual plan it seems. It will be interesting to see that site finally make the switch when they're able to upon completion of the new XenForo search add-on and XF 1.1 I'm assuming.