XF 2.1 Is XF Redirects for vB AddOn 1.1.3 gonna work with XF 2.1?

vicos

I didn't see any mention of XF Redirects for vB AddOn and XF 2.1 in the various notes.

Can I assume that it is compatible?

I think we have a release outstanding, but I don't think there's anything explicitly there for XF 2.1 - I think it should work as it is.

A related question. I have to start out with XF 1.5 in order to import both vB and PhotoPost. While I see the option to keep the IDs the same, I don't see the option to create a mapping log table like there is in XF 2.0 importer.

So, the question is, once I upgrade to XF 2.1 from 1.5, am I going to be able to redirect my vB URLs ?

The 1.5 importer is structured slightly differently.

You won't see the option to save the import log (to a new table) until the end of the process.

Now, I'm read to run XFMG: Import From Photopost - vBulletin and I don't see it asking for the path to the media file from PP. Will it ask this when I click Import Media, or is it expecting them to be in a predetermined location?

My PP and vB were each installed on their own domain. For the import, I just recreated the databases and copied the media/attachment files over.

OK, so it looks like the importer queries PP DB for settings.datafull which is the full path, which will be wrong. So, I'll try updating the PP DB with the real path and see if that works.

Yep, that worked. Now it is at the archive import log. Since it says log this to "NEW" table, I assume this will overwrite my existing vb import table, so I will give it a new name. Hope I wasn't supposed to use the same name as vb.

Top Bottom