XF 1.5 Is xenForo's emailing practises compliant?

Okenyon

The reason I ask is we get a lot of people complaining that they can't unsubscribe without logging into their account.

Correct me if i'm wrong but this isn't CAN SPAM compliant?

Has anyone built or found a workaround for this?

XF's watch emails have links to unsubscribe that don't require a login.

But outside of that, there isn't anything built in to create specific links to unsubscribe without a login; you can always link to their account details to unsubscribe from other types of emails. My understanding though is that as these would be considered transactional/relationship emails (rather than promotional), they aren't covered by CAN SPAM.

Interesting, you're right, i'm talking about broadcast emails or newsletters I send from the send user email function.

I wish there was a string or something I could include in my emails that would auto unsubscribe users.

Really, I can't or shouldn't use that feature as there's no way for me to send emails with unsub links that doesn't require a login?

Interesting, you're right, i'm talking about broadcast emails or newsletters I send from the send user email function.

I wish there was a string or something I could include in my emails that would auto unsubscribe users.

Really, I can't or shouldn't use that feature as there's no way for me to send emails with unsub links that doesn't require a login?

You would be better off generating a mailing list with xenforo and create one with sendgrid or mail chimp or sendy etc.

They offer the ability to automatically manage unsubscribe users track bounce emails etc.

Costs money but then you are sending mailing lists to make money right??

Top Bottom