1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Xenforo suitable for a younger audience?

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by NinaMcI, Sep 11, 2014.

1. NinaMcI

NinaMcI Active Member

Hi, Do you think a Xenforo platform would be suitable for users aged between 13 and 18?

2. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

Age doesn't really determine whether Xenforo is right for your project. The age factor applies more to the nature of your site's content rather than the platform you use.

angela77 and NinaMcI like this.
  3. dieketzer

dieketzer Well-Known Member

you mean as far as ease of use? of course it is suitable. kids 13-18 will probably adapt the fastest in fact.

NinaMcI likes this.
  4. tyteen4a03

tyteen4a03 Well-Known Member

I've managed kid-friendly MMOs before and they manage well with vBulletin's interface; I'm sure XenForo's interface will just be as easy to use.

Are there any specific features you are looking for?

5. NinaMcI

NinaMcI Active Member

I think Gamification features would be good for a younger audience. What do you think?

6. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

I doubt it. People around that age just want to get something done. In fact, I know few people that use forums.

I guess I look in the wrong place. I'm an anomaly...

7. MattW

MattW Well-Known Member

Most of the young people I know who use forums (younger than 18) only do so for their minecraft games and the servers they access.

8. D.O.A.

D.O.A. Well-Known Member

Children's thumbs have evolved immeasurably since my simple up up down down nintendo days, and I see primary school kids with a better phone than I have. With relevant content, I see no reason why not.

MattW likes this.
  9. turtile

turtile Well-Known Member

Given that the age range will mainly be using smartphones and tablets, Xenforo is definitely the best forum software with its responsive design. Laptops and desktops don't exist in their lives outside of school...

NinaMcI likes this.