is xenforo forum licence transferable ?

garry420

is xenforo forum transferable ?
if in future i wish to discontinue it and wish to sell it off ..is it possible ?
or
if i wish to buy from some other guy who wish to sell his software licence will it be accepted ?
thanks and regards

The Software may be permanently transferred by the original purchaser to a third party ("Subsequent Licensee") not before 120 days following purchase, provided that the expiry date of the License falls after the date of the transfer. The original licensee may not retain a copy or installation of the Software. The Subsequent Licensee must agree to the terms of this Agreement and waive the right to transfer.

can you explain in bit easy language as english is not my mother tongue
The bit that Chris quoted is the relevant part, he just linked to the entire license agreement.

To simplify further:
  • If you buy a license from Xenforo and later want to transfer it, you can do so but only after 120 days
  • If transferring a Xenforo license, the expiry date must fall after the date of transfer (so you can't transfer an already expired license)
  • If you transfer a license to someone else, you cannot keep a copy or installation of the Xenforo software
  • A Xenforo license can only be transferred once. So if you buy a license from someone else, you won't be able to transfer it in the future.

• If transferring a Xenforo license, the expiry date must fall after the date of transfer (so you can't transfer an already expired license)
Sir But license is permanent how can it expire if its permanent ..can u elaborate ?
  • A Xenforo license can only be transferred once. So if you buy a license from someone else, you won't be able to transfer it in the future.
so if i buy it from someone ..i cannot sell it further ?

how much should it cost if i buy it from someone else (on an average)?

Sir But license is permanent how can it expire if its permanent ..can u elaborate ?
so if i buy it from someone ..i cannot sell it further ?

how much should it cost if i buy it from someone else (on an average)?

A license is permanent, however it can be "active" or "inactive". When active it allows you access to support and updates. The license needs to be active to be transfered.

If you buy a second hand license you cannot sell it.

Price depends what you want to buy it for, but thats not a discussion for this site.

A license is permanent, however it can be "active" or "inactive". When active it allows you access to support and updates. The license needs to be active to be transfered.

If you buy a second hand license you cannot sell it.

Price depends what you want to buy it for, but thats not a discussion for this site.

thanks ..i am asking u ..since if i buy this software and incase i would want to sell it how much return will i get back...just to calculate....thanks
I m very new to forums....can i have skype chat id so that while installing anyone can guide me...my plan is around 24th of this month....till than i want to know many thing about the software...just don't want to be apprehensive b4 that

A second hand license is worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

It is impossible to give you a figure.
OMG I m really impressed with your team...
a bow down to u guys
i got answers so quickly to my questions...i think if this software comes good in my expectations ..i am going to recommend it to everyone ...ur customer handling of pre sales is excellent..will observe after sales as well....

I m very new to forums....can i have skype chat id so that while installing anyone can guide me...my plan is around 24th of this month....till than i want to know many thing about the software...just don't want to be apprehensive b4 that

You can purchase Xenforo 's installation service if you require support with this.

Installation Service - $50*
A XenForo representative will install the latest version on your server, provided it meets the requirements. This does not include PHP or MySQL installation or configuration.
https://xenforo.com/purchase/

OMG I m really impressed with your team...
a bow down to u guys
i got answers so quickly to my questions...i think if this software comes good in my expectations ..i am going to recommend it to everyone ...ur customer handling of pre sales is excellent..will observe after sales as well....

This is an impressive team. I have noticed at different times during the day when I log in, that staff members are also logged in.
Additionally, questions I have posted have been answered promptly at times by other forum operators and at times by staff members of XenForo. It is a very helpful community.

The software is easy to use and from what I've seen does exactly as XenForo staff says it does. It is reliable - which for me is an important feature.

I purchased and installed my xF forum in mid-January. Updates/upgrades appear to come on a frequent basis. I started with version 1.2.4 and I've seen xF staff working on version 1.3 in beta now. I'm excited to see version 1.3 coming out, but I believe that it will be released when it works right.

I think you will also find the XenForo community to be very helpful and the staff to be very responsive as well.

There is a website where people sell second hand Xenforo license. I guess I cannot paste the URL here.
According to their poll which you can find on the website a second Xenforo license is worth 50-75USD.
I am currently looking for second hand Xenforo license too.

Top Bottom