Is xenForo.com on 2.3? Seems *much* faster today!

Seems to be quicker...
But i'm noticing this on all of my sites though too. I say it's the NBNCO people doing upgrades locally.

it's slow and buggy
Im going to be honest, I experienced that today with my own forum today and it went away after switching VPN servers. Sometimes cloudflare doesnt seem to like my VPN. Dont seem to have had issues before I switched to cloudflare.

Edit: and yes, it was a significant slow down. the page was taking seconds upon seconds loading like a snail.

Last edited:
Grass GIF

Im going to be honest, I experienced that today with my own forum today and it went away after switching VPN servers. Sometimes cloudflare doesnt seem to like my VPN. Dont seem to have had issues before I switched to cloudflare.

Edit: and yes, it was a significant slow down. the page was taking seconds upon seconds loading like a snail.
That's good to know, and it makes me wonder if a small number of our members are using VPNs.

I'm split on allowing/disallowing Tor networks though. I have yet to see someone sign up using Tor that wasn't a scammer, spammer, or a banned member trying to get back in. Given how our forum trends older, most of the members wouldn't even know what Tor is.

I'm split on allowing/disallowing Tor networks though. I have yet to see someone sign up using Tor that wasn't a scammer, spammer, or a banned member trying to get back in. Given how our forum trends older, most of the members wouldn't even know what Tor is.
Most of what will probably end up being spam accounts I'm getting currently are coming in from VPN's or valid IP's belonging to ISP's.
Several of the custom fields I have set are getting trash written to them or stuff like another user name. Pretty good indicator it's a script of some type being used (either automated or manually) to create accounts. I haven't marked any of them spam yet as they have had no activity on them and I'm simply waiting on the "user" to come back to generate content.

Several of the custom fields I have set are getting trash written to them or stuff like another user name.
Same here. I've noticed that behavior with the Registration Spaminator addon I have installed--the good little bots are filling out fields that don't need to be filled out, so those are quickly weeded out. And the occasional spam we get now is usually caught in the moderation queue and deleted before members see it.

I will say, however, that even XenForo's most basic spam filtering was miles better than anything I had in phpBB2. I would spend entire days both weeding out spam accounts and reading up on further ways to keep spammers from signing up--I can't count how many modifications I made to phpBB2. (Similar to vB 3.7, actually, where I made so many modifications for performance reasons that we never upgraded to 3.8!)

Most of what will probably end up being spam accounts I'm getting currently are coming in from VPN's or valid IP's belonging to ISP's.
We notice VPNs when banned members try to return. They usually try that after their re-registrations fail, thinking they can get around us. But there's always something they do that our moderators notice and keep them from entering.

Grow some thick skin mate. You're pissed at anyone that comes at you. This isn't a kindergarten.
In a discussion with my psychologist (we talk about all kinds of crap)... I mentioned this type of behavior (and how frustrating it was when people tried to claim actual mental faculty issues)... and he commented that it was typical of an individual that wasn't given boundaries when they were growing up. The pattern of the spoiled child-like behavior flows through into adulthood. It's what is commonly called "spoiled child syndrome" and it directly affects adults when they feel they are "owed" certain things/actions.
And yes... after being involved in the type of situations I was forced into in one of my careers... I use a professional service to help deal with the PTSD trauma and other factors from that career choice. It's kind of a ***** to watch a girl you went to school with die in in your arms because a SOS decided to put a bullet between their eyes before you could plant a bullet in them. It's something that lives with you for the rest of your life (if you are a normal human). Thirty years later I still relive that incidence in my dreams of what I could have done differently to have saved her life, but thanks to my sessions, I realize I did what I could at the time. But it still doesn't stop the dreams.

Last edited:
It's what is commonly called "spoiled child syndrome".
Behaviours can be reasonably perceived differently. But, sometimes what might seem like child-like behavior could actually be a manifestation of certain neurodivergences. @aussiefooty has confirmed that she is autistic so characterising her in this fashion could be seen as being discriminatory or ableist. We should approach interactions with different people with understanding and not jump to conclusions about their character.

Behaviours can be reasonably perceived differently. But, sometimes what might seem like child-like behavior could actually be a manifestation of certain neurodivergences. @aussiefooty has confirmed that she is autistic so characterising her in this fashion could be seen as being discriminatory or ableist. We should approach interactions with different people with understanding and not jump to conclusions about their character.
Completely understand that, but when is “enough is enough”. The line has been crossed many times already from that Aussie individual.

Top Bottom