XF 1.3 Is this possible?

drastic

I want to organize my forum by prefixes only and display my homepage as a list of threads.

I don't want to use forum categories, but rather have one homepage with all my threads visible right away, no clicking to the forum page, then to a category, etc.

I'm using the index route now, but of course, when a user clicks on "Forums" in the nav, they get the typical forum view - not the list of threads.

How can I achieve this in the best possible way? What should my node tree look like?

Last edited:
You will still need at least one forum as threads can only be created within a forum.

You could try setting up a Route Filter from forums/ to forums/name-of-forum/

I want to organize my forum by prefixes only and display my homepage as a list of threads.

I don't want to use forum categories, but rather have one homepage with all my threads visible right away, no clicking to the forum page, then to a category, etc.

I'm using the index route now, but of course, when a user clicks on "Forums" in the nav, they get the typical forum view - not the list of threads.

How can I achieve this in the best possible way? What should my node tree look like?
thefreekick.com uses this method as well. use that.

is that yours, @tajhay ? i like how the info on each thread is minimal until you roll over it. how could I get that look? that's pretty awesome - really cleans up the look too!

edit - found which template to comment those infos out, looks a LOT better now - nice and clean. I don't have the roll over like FreeKick does, but that's fine because the thread preview pops up and I like that.

Last edited:
@Brogan - tried your suggestion. i ended up with a url that looked like domain.com/forums/random-chat/random-chat - it doubled up the name and changed all the urls. It may have conflicted with the index route.

right now I'm using the index route and pointing to /forums/random-chat.2, then in the navigation template, I simply changed the forums url to the same thing. now users only see the single forum full of content, rather then a "forums" page with one section and nothing else.

it just gets the users to the content faster.

I wonder if having my homepage and forum page as the same could count against me in SEO.

If you guys know another method that's better, definitely let me know!

Top Bottom