XF 1.5 Is this possible with a XF import?

foolist

So we had some corrupted/altered data that brought some weird characters in an import.....and we sort of tried to tolerate it but it looks unsightly. Our previous data backup is literally a month old, so we'd lose data from the last month if we wanted to do a fresh install.

Is it possible to simply nix everything and do a reimport with the existing old data? Then after that import is done, can we then simply export all posts and users from the past month from our current database and import it into the newly reimported database.

That way we can fix the corruption while retaining the data from the last month? It makes sense in my head, so i apologize if i am sounding crazy. But our team is a bit split. Some want to wash the last month and the rest of us want to deal with the last month.

If this is possible, it would be an utter life saver.

It's not possible to just export the difference between the old database and the new database and only import that subset of data.

If you reverted to the old backup you would lose any content which has been created between then and now.

It's not possible to just export the difference between the old database and the new database and only import that subset of data.

If you reverted to the old backup you would lose any content which has been created between then and now.
I was expecting you to say that. My only other idea is another wild idea. I am trying to aim for the least data loss as I possibly can. If i were to revert to an old backup and redo our import, that would fix the issue i mention in the other thread.

However, for our current data, my idea was to simply move all recent topics(or the significant ones) to a special forum and delete all the other sections just leaving those posts/topics and importing that into Xenforo. Is it possible to do that? That way, in some form anyway, i'd fix the issue with the special characters while at the same time retaining my data.

However, for our current data, my idea was to simply move all recent topics(or the significant ones) to a special forum and delete all the other sections just leaving those posts/topics and importing that into Xenforo. Is it possible to do that?
Yes, that would be possible as it would be different content to what already exists in the database.
Other than the members of course, but you can merge duplicate members during the process.

Yes, that would be possible as it would be different content to what already exists in the database.
Other than the members of course, but you can merge duplicate members during the process.
Does Xenforo require you to import users before threads/post or after?

Provided the user uses the same email address or the same username, it'll merge them? I want to make sure i dont wind up with double the amount of users is all.

Users are imported before threads and posts.

If the user name or email address is the same, you will be prompted to take action, which in your case will be to merge.

Top Bottom