Is this possible currently or with XF 1.1 prefix?

Andy.N

We are setting up a homework submission process for our members where each member is assigned a moderator. To submit the HW, the member will create a thread with one of the prefixes that contains the moderator they are assigned to.

For example
[Moderator Smith]This is my homework

Then only that student and moderator Smith can participate in this thread. Other students and mods may see the threads listing but may not view it.

Is this possible with the XF 1.1 prefix or anything currently available?

Can prefixes permission be assigned per user? So if 5 members are assigned to Moderator Smith, then they can only use [Smith] prefix and not [Bob] prefix.

Or is there a better way to go about this without knowing the full detail of the prefix system?

If this method isn't possible by default, you could create sub-forums with the moderator's name and set permissions accordingly.

I'm sure the prefix system will be built on though.

There is a view own thread option in the permissions for 1.1.

Prefixes can be used by user groups you define.
Paul,
Can you point me to this setting?

I create a Prefix X that can be used by members of usergroup A. How do I set up so that a member of this usergroup creating a thread with Prefix X can only viewed by himself or moderators?

It's the View threads by others permission.

Revoke it for the nodes/groups as required.
I must be doing it incorrectly.
I created a private node where people can submit their own HW. When I go to set node permission, I set usergroup A to view the node and Revoke the "View Threads by others".

Is there something in Usergroup Permission I need to set for this usergroup A so that in this specific Node, they can only see their own threads?

I test permission as one of the members of this usergroup and I can see threads created by other people.

That's what I do to avoid any issues; I have test users, moderators and administrators, which makes it easy to quickly and easily test permissions.

That's what I do to avoid any issues; I have test users, moderators and administrators, which makes it easy to quickly and easily test permissions.
Will follow that.
With most members are in primary Registered usergroup and secondary X, Y, Z usergroups, what do we have to keep in mind when testing permission?
Which usergroup's permission has priority over the others?

Permissions are cumulative.

Primary and secondary groups have no relevance as far as permissions are concerned.

Permission value priority is set in this order: (highest priority first)
  1. Never – this will not grant the permission. This can never be overridden, so should be used sparingly.
  2. Allow – this will grant the permission.
  3. Not Set (No) – this will not grant the permission. This is the lowest priority value; any explicit allow will override this.
Node permissions follow a similar concept to user group and user permissions, but the terminology is a bit different. The permission value priority is: (highest priority first)
  1. Never – this does not grant the permission and cannot be overridden.
  2. Allow – this grants the permission.
  3. Revoke – this does not grant the permission, but can be overridden.
  4. Inherit – this takes the value from the parent.

http://xenforo.com/help/permissions/
http://xenforo.com/help/user-groups/

Paul,
In the release press for 1.1, it mentions "Thread viewing permissions to limit a user's access to just thread titles or just their own threads"

Where do I set the "just see thread title" permission?

Agree.

Specially in combination with quick account switch add-on it's great for testing
badteeth.gif
*advertisement mode off*

Top Bottom