XF 1.5 Is this DB table required?

Hello, so I'm currently transferring my forum temporarily to localhost, to take care of a few problems.
The table "xf_data_registry" has about 100.000 rows and is over 100MBs, more than what I can import in localhost.
Not only that, but I also got "(some variable) cannot be 'NULL'" while resuming the transfer after 20 stops.

Is the table really needed, or can I remove it?

Hello, so I'm currently transferring my forum temporarily to localhost, to take care of a few problems.
The table "xf_data_registry" has about 100.000 rows and is over 100MBs, more than what I can import in localhost.
Not only that, but I also got "(some variable) cannot be 'NULL'" while resuming the transfer after 20 stops.

Is the table really needed, or can I remove it?

Do not remove it. The table is for certain caching functions I believe. I use it for one of my add-ons actually. Now I'm not sure the exact caching functions it is used for but I know that it's for caching certain items on the forum. That much I do know. It's the forums registry so it is needed.

Also on your test forum/localhost why don't you increase the amount of data you can import? There's plenty of tutorials on how to increase the amount in phpmyadmin

Also on your test forum/localhost why don't you increase the amount of data you can import? There's plenty of tutorials on how to increase the amount in phpmyadmin
Believe me, I have tried every single video, stack question, Indian tutorials, I even had a friend who is a hacker TeamView with me to look at it, WampServer64 is a ***** pardon my language.

Would it be possible to delete the table, and lose caching and just rebuild master data?

I don't suggest doing that. I don't have an answer for you either but I know the table is for the registry and I believe it's definitely needed.

All you need to do is edit the proper values in php.ini

It took me a moment myself but I was able to replicate my old live site on a local installation and edited the values accordingly and faced no problem whatsoever.

I'll let someone else answer the question of whether rebuilding the master data would bring the table back. As I don't exactly know the answer.

1.000.000 seconds.

There were too many, some of them not making sense, others not accepting NULL as an answer.
I decided to make a new database and just move over the vitals.

Most of those errors, depending on which one it was in phpmyadmin when importing the database can be disregarded. The database will still import. I remember I had an error similar to the one you had but I was told to disregard it and my database was still imported.

If you're trying to import a large database using PHPMyAdmin (or any other PHP method)... don't.

Use a command prompt and use Mysql itself...
Code:
mysql -u databaseUsername -p databaseName < databaseFile.sql

Top Bottom