Is there something better than XenPorta?

IcEWoLF

It's a nice addon, but I feel it lacks a lot compared to vBadvanced and how simple mods are to implement on vBadvanced.

I run a gaming community and I need something I can heavily modify, but making things simple.
Right now the way you add Addons is not very simple, I'd like to add custom addons using html, but it appears you will have to make xml files, so I keep getting errors when I do that.

I understand XenPorta is free, however I'd expect some type of support like vBadvanced, the support thread is okay, but a lot of those questions goes by unanswered.

Also I checked the critique forum, but I haven't found any XenPorta pages that really caught my eyes, if you know any that are heavily customized please link them so It can help me imagining on what we can do with it.

xenporta is nice, I liked it
this looks to be in the works
http://xenforo.com/community/threads/content-management-framework.45066/

Brandon, I am looking for something that is done, not something that is still in development. To be frank, I am not even sure if the product will ever be finished.
This plugin had potentials but it never took off because it was never released: http://xenforo.com/community/threads/beta-testers-for-cmf-news-portal-blogs-wiki-tags.31262/

XenForo is a very nice forum software, but for a gaming community a nice front page system is a must (well at least for me).

Of course for me to compare something like XenPorta to IP Content is unfair too...

Thanks guys! At this stage I am not feeling XenPorta, I am looking at the CMF mod and their portal, theirs looks like something that is going somewhere...

Kind of curious what don't you like about XenPorta, I personally hate the default look of it however it's easily customizable.

Thanks guys! At this stage I am not feeling XenPorta, I am looking at the CMF mod and their portal, theirs looks like something that is going somewhere...
I'd go with XenPorta to start and then keep your eyes open for something that meets your longer term needs.
XenPorta is relatively easy.

Top Bottom