XF 2.2 Is there Google news support yet?

Well I'm not really sure why I posted that. I've got a bunch of my subforums listed into Google news. It's not that hard. I've got an sop somewhere. I'm happy to share it if anyone wants to send me a message. I've got to find it though. In addition to one of my forums I've got about 25 other sites into Google news. I was planning on building a network for links.

I haven't used that. I haven't focused on strengthening my news forums but they do pretty well just using xenforo.
Do you mean accepted as a news source or accepted on Google News as a newspaper? In short, if you go to Google News and enter your website (yoursite.com), do the articles appear? If they do, then you have been accepted as a journalistic publication; otherwise, you are recognized as a news source.

Well, you're lucky then. It's not so simple to be accepted just because you have original articles. You should behave exactly like a journalistic publication, consistently producing original content. At first, I thought I was included in Google News; I had my dashboard, and it seemed great until I realized the difference between being a news source and being a journalistic publication. In fact, if I go to Google News (https://news.google.com) and search for my website.com, my articles don't appear. Instead, it's listed under "recommended" as a news source, so my users can follow me, but I'll never be on the front page of Google News. I just wanted to emphasize this distinction.

I'm sure I'm not at the top but I have around 25 or 30 sites approved in Google News and yes, they get traffic from Google News which you can see in gsc.

Most of those sites are using rss feeds, wp automatic. The forum has actual news being written.

I can show you our process for getting approved. I know people that have giant news networks with hundreds of sites.

Top Bottom