XF 1.2 Is there easy way to find CSS elements in Style Properties?

Moddis

Instead of just changing and making all customization in EXTRA.CSS, I am trying to find all the elements in the Style properties area of that specific style. Right now im using THIS GUIDE to help me navigate and find where each class is located but some I still cannot find there.

For example, how do I quickly find this class? - .messageSimple (its the area where you leave profile comment)

Anyone have any tips for finding things like that more easily?

Thanks!

I find it easy to use investigating Tools like Firebug to locate what i am looking for, the using then Template Search.

Most(all?) CSS that is used via the Style Properties has @property "something" before/the End, with that information u will find it in minutes
Dont change anything directly in the css templates nor any other Templates. After an Xenforo Upgrade all changes will be terminated. Thats what Extra.css is for.
Or add your own Templates or use the Template Modification System (TMS) <--Very Helpful Addon btw

I think when you upgrade xenforo will at least point out the threads you need to revert and not automatically overwrite everything. But yeh, I think ill use the EXTRA.CSS for thinks i will not be able to find in the style properties.

BTW.. I did prefer to change the css directly in the templates or styles so that I don't have to worry about some browsers showing different style, having to use !important on some and just general inefficiency to have to load 2x the css. Am I over thinking this or is there some point in my logic on that?

Last edited:
Top Bottom