XF 2.2 Is there away to stop members from changing their Current activity?

DigNap15

Is there away to stop members from changing their Current activity?

I really want to be able to stop new members frrom chaging their "Show Current Actvity" from Yes to No

And to be able to stop members changing their status as well from No to yes

You can't, luckily.
It is absolutely crucial IMO that this shouldn't be done for privacy reasons, although possibly (if you did do that) you could make it clear your privacy policy and make members aware so they know they could leave your forum or have their account deleted if they are not happy with that kind of privacy invasion.

But are you aware mods with permissions can bypass the normal privacy controls so can in fact see their online activity in spite of it being "no" for other members?

Screenshot 2023-03-15 at 10.12.04.webp

What's with all this privacy stuff?
Its a forum and most members on forums use anonymous aliases.

I'd like to know why they feel the need to hide the fact that they are on line

I like my members to see a big long list of members on line, it looks very impressive

It is still shown in the overall number. Perhaps if you want it to show "anonymous" instead of a name in the list and not link to a profile, you could request the add-on. This way, you show the list you are requesting while respecting privacy.

I like my members to see a big long list of members on line, it looks very impressive
You can put this widget under the active one, or even replace it for a larger "impressive" list.

PS. This hack still works. It is what I use. (It still honors privacy but the longer timeout value will result in more names.)

Last edited:
You can put this widget under the active one, or even replace it for a larger "impressive" list.
Yes I use that Add-on widget its great.
But the total at the bottom may say eg 100 but there may only be 50 members names showing, as 50 if them have hidden their activity!

Well yeah, it still honors privacy settings of course. The number will just be larger because you can set it for long periods. You could name the widget "Members Online Today" and set if for 24 hours.

Top Bottom