XF 2.1 Is there any way to write spesific title and description for category and forum page?

youbu

I could not find this feature by default. Is there any way to do that?

I would like to re-arreange forum and category page <title></title>

Also i would like to add noindex tag into some page.

As an admin go to Nodes. Click on the row w the forum or category you want to change and an edit page will come up. There is no little pencil icon on the node row which i was looking for when i made changes recently.

for example i dont use description some category so i am not using description it does not print in source code (where google read it)
I just want to put it in the background. I think this feature is not exsited by default. I may look for addon.

Thanks Joe.

Down a little further on that same page I reference above, there's an option to Display in Node List. If you turn that off, it won't show to the users, but will be in your system for Google to find, perhaps.

I've been told to use Setup/Options/Basic Board Information, then "Board meta description" if you want to add text for Google searches to find. I've done it and it moved my forum up quite a ways in the search results. That's your purpose, correct?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're looking to hide the description on the page itself (where visitors will read it), but want it to still remain in the <head> meta tags? If so, you could just hide the on-page description with CSS

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're looking to hide the description on the page itself (where visitors will read it), but want it to still remain in the <head> meta tags? If so, you could just hide the on-page description with CSS

No for example, in category page or forum page i want to override <title></title> and
<meta name="description" content="There">

because, it automatically fill it with page name and descripton however i want to make them diffrent.

you may have used wordpress before, there is yoast plugin to do that,

I am looking for similiar function.

No for example, in category page or forum page i want to override <title></title> and
<meta name="description" content="There">

because, it automatically fill it with page name and descripton however i want to make them diffrent.

you may have used wordpress before, there is yoast plugin to do that,

I am looking for similiar function.
@youbu, I happen to be building a major SEO addon for Xenforo 2, which is aimed to take the place of other unmaintained solutions. It happens to draw inspiration from Yoast and similar plugins (I've used them for many years so a lot of experience there). If you're interested, let me know as beta release will only go out to 10-20 users. It has many functions similar to what you're looking for including custom meta title and description with live Google Snippet Preview for all Xenforo sections, even third-party addons:
resources-snippet.webp

As for your question, you can't set custom meta info for individual categories without an addon, but since you said you're not using descriptions for categories, you could set them as your meta descriptions and then simply hide the on-page version by adding this to extra.less:
Less:
[data-template="category_view"] .p-description {
    display: none;
}

And here for forum_view (thread list):
Less:
[data-template="forum_view"] .p-description {
    display: none;
}

As for the forum title, you can show your board title on the page as normal, but show a custom title in the head tags for Google:

Template: forum_list
Find:
HTML:
<xf:h1>{$xf.options.boardTitle}</xf:h1>
Replace with:
HTML:
<xf:title>Enter a custom meta title to display in the head</xf:title>
<xf:h1>{$xf.options.boardTitle}</xf:h1>

The board meta description set in Options does not appear on your forum. It's designed only to show in the head meta tags, so you can customize this for Google as needed.

Let me know if these work for you,

Top Bottom