1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to stop all emails going to a member?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by jonsidneyb, Sep 2, 2012.

1. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I want to be able to stop emails going to a member. Is there a way to do that?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

3. karll

karll Well-Known Member

I'm sure there is an SQL query (or queries) that can do it. I wouldn't know what it is though.

4. jonsidneyb

jonsidneyb Well-Known Member

I am going to need to be doing it for them.

5. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Prefs can be edited in the Admin CP by editing the user's account.

6. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

What if you added the user's email address to the banned email list? Would that stop all outgoing mail to them?

7. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

No.

To stop all emails going to a user, you need to change their user state back to awaiting email confirmation (from edit).

8. Blue

Blue Well-Known Member

I would request a fix but you guys have ignored all my other requests so don't bother, as usual...

9. karll

karll Well-Known Member

I can see how you would want that in the core. That said, maybe the latest update to my Unwatch all add-on does what you want? It provides an admin CP feature to disable email notifications for all watched threads and forums.

10. AndyB

AndyB Well-Known Member

Why not ask the member to use a bogus email address?

11. akia

akia Well-Known Member

@Mike is there a way or can you add a option to the bulk manage users. As it's a pain doing it manually and I can figure out how to do it in batches.