XF 1.1 Is there a way to prevent people posting duplicate posts in different categories?

cdub

We've been having a problem recently where users spam the boards with multiple duplicate posts in every forum category.

The post wouldn't normally be spam (because it's related to the site) but it feels like spam because it's so annoying.

It's in the site rules that one shouldn't do this and they seem to ignore it - and it's getting annoying policing the whole thing.

There has to be another way to prevent this. Ideas?

There's no option to prevent duplicate posts.

You need to keep spammers from registering. Do you have a Question & Answer system in place?

That's what we're doing. But new members seem to do it alot.

They're not spammers. Just people who can't read rules. It'd be nice if there was some check for dupes? Is there an add on for it?

I sometimes have newer members post duplicate threads thinking it will get more exposure. I just merge the threads and that makes it pretty obvious that posting multiple threads doesn't help and isn't allowed.

That's what we're doing. But new members seem to do it alot.

They're not spammers. Just people who can't read rules. It'd be nice if there was some check for dupes? Is there an add on for it?

I think that would be tough to make an addon out of, and if it was made it would be resource heavy. To check if a post was a complete dupe you would literally need to search all of their posts and check to see if any are 1:1. To do this automatically it would literally need to check every post made against all of that users records. What happens when it is checking people with thousands of posts? I don't really know if it is possible but I could be wrong here.

Top Bottom