XF 1.5 Is there a way to increase cellpadding while inserting a table in a post?

asprin

On a forum where I'm a registered member, I made a post with a table whose code was as follows:
Code:
[table=head] # | Where | When
 1st Test | Centurion | Dec 26-30 2019
 2nd Test | Cape Town | Jan 3-7 2020
 3rd Test | Port Elizabeth | Jan 16-20 2020
 4th Test | Johannesburg | Jan 24-28 2020
[/table]

which gets displayed in the post as:
1576231421106.webp

As you can see, the content inside the cell is jam packed without any breathing room. Is there something that I, as an author of post, can do to increase the padding between cells?

PS: Also I would like to know what that piece of code is known as in the world of forums? Is it BBcode? I simply viewed the source of an existing post to create one of my own as shown above.

On your own site you could accomplish this globally via some CSS, but there's no way for an author of a post to set cellpadding on a table.
Well, that's a bummer!

But the link there uses different source code (with TR and TD)

HTML:
[TABLE]
[TR]
[TH]Header 1[/TH]
[TH]Header 2[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Content 1[/TD]
[TD]Content 2[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Whereas in my case I use pipes ( | ) to denote a TD and new line to indicate it's a TR. The TR/TD version doesn't work in the forums that I post to.

Whereas in my case I use pipes ( | ) to denote a TD and new line to indicate it's a TR. The TR/TD version doesn't work in the forums that I post to.
Oh, I hadn't noticed. They may be using a custom solution which works differently. Tables were introduced in the core in XF 2.1, but there are add-ons available which implement support for prior versions. The specifics would be down to the add-on, but it seems vaguely like the table syntax in some extended flavors of Markdown.

Top Bottom