XF 2.2 Is there a way of getting users dates on the last password reset?

alexm

Hi,

I know there is a manual way of having a look in the 'user change log' for 'Password', but is there a way to get a list of all the users with passwords over a certain date since they last reset them and force them to do a password reset?

I have quite a few users who have still got their original vBulletin passwords and I'd rather not reset everyone if I don't need to.

Some people are not up to speed with "two-step verification"... ;)

thanks

Alex

Some people are not up to speed with "two-step verification"... ;)
Resetting people's passwords doesn't necessarily mean the new password will be any better than old password they had.

One option you have is to force all users to setup two-step verification (you can set the Require two-step verification permission to Yes on the Registered user group. Then it's not ultra important if they have terrible passwords they used everywhere else.

Then it's not ultra important if they have terrible passwords they used everywhere else.

@digitalpoint, yes, that is the plan eventually but I think X years of not resetting/sharing passwords etc. it's just starting to catch up a few people and some of them are still using Nokia 6210's so we are trailing behind ;)...

Nice work on the 'Security' add-on, btw. I downloaded that earlier today! (y)

@digitalpoint, yes, that is the plan eventually but I think X years of not resetting/sharing passwords etc. it's just starting to catch up a few people and some of them are still using Nokia 6210's so we are trailing behind ;)...
Yep... you would also get a couple users crying about requiring them to use two-step. There's also a threshold where you have enough users, where dealing with 0.1% of them losing access to their account due to their dumb passwords becomes more work than it is dealing with the ones that put up a fuss.

Nice work on the 'Security' add-on, btw. I downloaded that earlier today! (y)
Thanks... definitely was something I needed, so voila! hah

Top Bottom