XF 2.1 Is there a list of new features from a member's perspective?

I am upgrading from 1.5 to 2.1 today and I would like to give our users a list of the new features. They are not interested in the admin control panel or other stuff going on in the background. So what will they see?

Better display on mobile phone
Easier to do tables
Better searching
This new box for quick starting a thread?

Brendan

Thanks Z
the links in the first one don't work.

The second is a very old thread and a lot of the features are for the site administrators.

I want to put up a thread on my site for the users telling them what new features they have.

Brendan

Anything with the 2.1 thread prefix in the beginning is what you want to look at it, so the first 10 threads.

Again, I want to stress that I want to communicate with our members how xenforo will help them. Giving them a link to the likes of this is of no value to them.

JSON conversion

Traditionally we have always used PHP's built-in serialization features as a way to encode data arrays as strings for database storage. Although there are still some benefits to using serialization, we have updated most of our schema to use JSON going forward.

A much improved Search Function
In 2.1? Where did you get that? Nothing did change there since 2.0

You can start a thread with one fewer click - just start typing in the top box on each forum
There is a list of Unanswered Threads
Much better and easier to use on mobile phones
Those features/changes were done in 2.0, not 2.1

New User features in 2.1
  • Emojis
    2.0 did already support the use of Emojis, but it just used whtever the OS did support, eg. plain unicode.
    XF 2.1 did add support for consistent display via EmijiOne or Twemoji
  • Markdown
  • Tables