Is there a hardcap of 500 for possible choices (Custom Thread Fields)?

sbj

After inserting 500 choices into the database, I get all the time an error. 400 or lower works fine, but 500 or higher not.

This is what I get while trying to save the fields in ACP (which are displayed, but I can't press save).
Code:
Oops! We ran into some problems.
Oops! We ran into some problems. Please try again later. More error details may be in the browser console.

Browser console:
Code:
PHP: <!DOCTYPE html>
<html id="XF" lang="en-US" dir="LTR"
    class="has-no-js" data-template=""
    data-app="admin"
    data-cookie-prefix="xf_"
    >
<head>

<meta charset="utf-8" />
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=Edge" />
    <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1">

<title>
        Oops! We ran into some problems. | D - Admin control panel
    </title>

<link rel="preload" href="/styles/fonts/fa/fontawesome-webfont.woff2?v=4.7.0" as="font" type="font/woff2" crossorigin="anonymous" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css.php?css=public%3Anormalize.css%2Cpublic%3Acore.less%2Cadmin%3Aapp.less%2Cpublic%3Afont_awesome.css&amp;s=0&amp;l=1&amp;d=1523399712&amp;k=b13a7aec249591cb1a0575766b99aeaea9890514" />

<link rel="stylesheet" href="/css.php?css=public%3Aextra.less&amp;s=0&amp;l=1&amp;d=1523399712&amp;k=94d21f6495aea5e76159e51dd045e212c921f4d4" />

<script src="/js/xf/preamble-compiled.js?_v=3c9f80cd"></script>

</head>
<body>
…

It’s likely that you’re hitting PHPs internal max_input_vars limit which defaults to 1000.

Increase that and it should go through.

Reactions: sbj
Thanks, that was really helpful. Are there any other limits I should be aware of?
I also changed the BLOB to a medium BLOB so it can save more than 64Kbit, but are there any other related fields which I have to change?

For example after the 500, I tested 1000 and it didnt accept the choices at all, just blank. But after increasing slowly in 100 steps, I am right now at 1500. The worst part is that I don't get any errors. Is there an log for choices that I can look into and might see what is not working?

Top Bottom