is there a easy way to get a full php script to run in XF

Ian S

hi all as you probably know by know im currently trying to get a xenforo dev site upto spec, the current site is vb which is mainly php based but obviously XF dont use php with lets say the ease of vb, basically i want to drag some php files off vb to get then working in xf can i do this easily or is it more for the more qualified??

the vb site has 2/3 parts thats id like to port across

Xenforo does not hinder using php at all, however this either way has very little to do with the fact that addons for different systems simply don't work that way, generally speaking you can't take addons for one system and drop them in another system and expect them to work.

The only real options are to look in the resources for an addon which does what you are looking for/something similar or pay someone to develop an addon for you.

hi all as you probably know by know im currently trying to get a xenforo dev site upto spec, the current site is vb which is mainly php based but obviously XF dont use php with lets say the ease of vb, basically i want to drag some php files off vb to get then working in xf can i do this easily or is it more for the more qualified??

the vb site has 2/3 parts thats id like to port across
Could you provide any kind of example of what are you trying to achieve?

basically the long and the short of it is something like andyb recent posts but in a page node, tbh im getting it now more about templates which is only from help from here and trial and error, our current recent posts on vb has the thread title then the node, then userid, then date time and then the full post inside the thread, all there on one page to see with no need to click into each icon like andys to see whats written, it contains last 40 recent posts, and also checks for node permisions as the person shouldnt see it if there not allowed too, cant beleive no one on here would not like a addon like it boss??

Top Bottom