XF 2.0 Is there a developer guide I can point to for Payment Service Providers?

Alpha1

I would like to point several Payment Service Providers to developer guide so they can decide if they want to create an integration with XenForo 2.
But I cannot find anything. Am I looking in the wrong place or is this not available yet?

I guess the answer you would get is as usual - the XF code is the best documentation available currently™. Although there are some addons currently implementing payment services. They could be used as an example aswell.

I tried that with several companies. That approach is simply not gonna fly. Their time is precious, so if they cannot quickly figure out if & how they can integrate their software, then corporations will not even consider. Once there is some documentation we will see more integrations happening.

Yes, I found no results after a search for 'payment'. Its just one of those things that needs to be done. The XF team has been quite busy.

Yes, I found no results after a search for 'payment'. Its just one of those things that needs to be done. The XF team has been quite busy.
As per this other thread https://xenforo.com/community/threads/how-does-the-purchasable-items-system-work.140158/ I am unaware of any "Payment Profile" developer guide for XenForo.

Core XF does come with multiple working examples of Payment Profiles and 1 example of a Purchasable. So if you sift through the existing code you can slowly learn the internal architecture of the XF Payment Profile system. The current payment profile examples are fairly complete in that they each utilize a slightly different payment process (as dictated by the specific payment service provider), so each one utilizes a slightly different set of internal XF hooks.

In general, interfacing to a payment gateway is non-trivial as there are many different process models. Learning enough XF to create a Payment Profile is also non-trivial (multiple weeks of development effort).

In my experience creating a PesaPal https://www.pesapal.com/ Payment Profile was much much simpler than creating a Purchasable that could be sold. A Payment Service Provider would only be able to create the XF Payment Profile addon. There would still be a larger exercise left to create the application specific Purchasable.

Do you think your application has a "generic" Purchasable to be sold? Or is it very specialized?

There are several Payment Providers that I need to point to information. A working example is great once they have decided to do it. But first I need to make clear to them that its relatively easy to do for them. They are not going to sift trough anything.

Its not for a specific application. I would like to have support for BitPay and a few others. So that my members can buy account upgrades with BitCoin, Cryptocurrency, ACH, InterAcc Online. The payment Service Providers all have an API so it should not be too difficult for them to offer XF integration.

... But first I need to make clear to them that its relatively easy to do for them. They are not going to sift trough anything.
I claim it will not be easy. Likely a couple months effort for someone who does not know XF. They need to learn (at least) the following:
- general XF concepts from an end user perspective
- general XF internals
- how to create an Addon
- XF developer tools
- Payment Profile internal architecture
- ...some other stuff I have forgotten about...

Top Bottom