Is there a CMS planned?

I want a product in the marketplace as soon as I can get it there. Diverting to produce a CMS would involve months of delay. There will be a CMS eventually, but it's not part of what we are working on for 1.0.
Kier, for a time being a simple article CMS will suffice, something to put in the home page. Think of vBadvanced CMPS and Dynamics. I really want to see Lizard King working on XenForo CMS. He has some good ideas from what I read on vB.com.

IF you want to do a CMS right, then it should manage and layout all content. This includes forum, profiles, groups, etc. Having a forum centered application seems a serious handicap that will need to be revisited at some point.

IF you want to do a CMS right, then it should manage and layout all content. This includes forum, profiles, groups, etc. Having a forum centered application seems a serious handicap that will need to be revisited at some point.

But we don't want it to divert resources, slowing everything down.

I suspect that the core engine of this product (ie db schema, content types, relationships etc) is already designed to have CMS/Gallery/Video/whatever functionality added at a later date. The forums are the most important part of the first release. Get them right, work on the next set of deliverables without having to change the core engine powering all the components that will make up XenForo.

I would love a CMS. To me it's a very important next step. However, at the core of everything is good, solid products that work and forums should be central to that. I will be quite happy to wait for the CMS knowing that I'm buying from people I trust and who will deliver first class products. I'm happy to be patient in the knowledge that I will have something very worthwhile in the longer term.

I believe the current roadmap looks like this:

- Put alpha 1 together
- Demo Day
- Put it live on the site
- Get through the day
- Sleep 3 hours
- Read the forums and work on fixing bugs
- ???
- Profit

Kier ... like Bill Gates said ... Business must move at the Speed of Thought ... it can be done ...

maybe for the next release you can execute faster ... but so far Fastastic work ! I'm sold :)

Was that before or after the announcement of IE6? :D

A wordpress bridge (done properly) would curb my appetite for a CMS as well.

Mine too, although I have no clue what the cons and pros of a bridge to WordPress/Joomla are compared to an integrated inhouse solution. I just am in serious need of a CMS solution. As long as it's the best solution (being a bridge or integrated), I will be happy.

I really want a CMS for my community, but I really want a goooooooooood forum software for that community first.

I believe the current roadmap looks like this:

- Put alpha 1 together
- Demo Day
- Put it live on the site
- Get through the day
- Sleep 3 hours
- Read the forums and work on fixing bugs
- Work 24/7 for one month
- Release publicly
- Profit
Fixed. :D

Kier, for a time being a simple article CMS will suffice, something to put in the home page. Think of vBadvanced CMPS and Dynamics. I really want to see Lizard King working on XenForo CMS. He has some good ideas from what I read on vB.com.

I honestly feel at this stage such things are better left to the add on/mod community, when that develops.

I want blogs and CMS too, but at the moment what is needed, what is so, SO needed, is a good forum platform to build on, one that's modern, up to date, stable and not bloated.

These two goals cancel each other out:

Read the forums vs. develop software

It is very easy to lose a lot of time browsing the forums. The best outcome would be for you to see Kier & Mike only posting during one short block of the day.

These two goals cancel each other out:

Read the forums vs. develop software

It is very easy to lose a lot of time browsing the forums. The best outcome would be for you to see Kier & Mike only posting during one short block of the day.

To be fair, this is like a launch day and I would expect them to see them post here. One or two days out of the develop cycle is not going to hurt that much. Let them savour this day and the next before getting back into coding. It will help in the long run seeing all the positive comments from new and old faces.

To be fair, this is like a launch day and I would expect them to see them post here. One or two days out of the develop cycle is not going to hurt that much. Let them savour this day and the next before getting back into coding. It will help in the long run seeing all the positive comments from new and old faces.

They must be so chuffed with the response, it's like they invented a cure for cancer or something!

Top Bottom