Is Social Networking Dying?

Gabby

I've noticed over the past year and a half or so that forums, facebook and twitter don't seem to be as active as they once were. Maybe the newness is wearing off or people are deciding that real friends are better than fake internet friends? Or maybe some are FINALLY taking a step back and finding out that they don't need to tweet at the movies or update their facebook page at the dinner table? Or maybe a lot of people have re-discovered fresh air and real life? LOL

Thoughts?

FB, Twitter, Instagram and Viber is all my daughter and her friends seem to spend their time on.
As for me I dont use much of any these days.

Brett.. First, love the avatar. Everytime I see that face reminds me of the gas station scene. LOL

What ever happened to riding bikes, skateboarding.....

lol, Well if my daughter rides her bike or board I can guarantee it will make FB and Instagram... And no matter how busy her friends are the responses and likes are instant.

Hmm, Maybe a camping trip with no phones should be planned.

Linkedin (facebook for professionals) are become increasing popular. I do not think that social networking is dying, but becoming more mature, with niches targeted the needs for each groups.

I've noticed over the past year and a half or so that forums, facebook and twitter don't seem to be as active as they once were. Maybe the newness is wearing off or people are deciding that real friends are better than fake internet friends? Or maybe some are FINALLY taking a step back and finding out that they don't need to tweet at the movies or update their facebook page at the dinner table? Or maybe a lot of people have re-discovered fresh air and real life? LOL

Thoughts?
Nah they moved to Instagram. Social Networking is still needed. I don't concentrate on xenForo stuff on my own website anymore. It's all about building my site's social-networking now.

Top Bottom