Is SEMrushbot ok

Alvin63

I have SEMrush bot crawling my forum like mad at the moment (I signed up for a free 30 day trial with Semrush to check a few things). Is this good or bad? It seems to be searching everything (even the user title ladder). I read it could slow down bandwidth. Doesn't appear to be right now but I wondered if it could stop other bots searching or just not be a good thing generally. Any tips?

If you aren't using SEMrush, simply block it as it serves no real useful purpose if you aren't using their site stats.
As stated, they do honor robots.txt, so it's not that hard to stop it.

Thank you. I have noticed photos loading slower - might be coincidence but it is supposed to affect bandwidth. No I'm not really using it - it's too complicated. I had a quick look and think it's for people a bit more expert than me. So how do I block it in robots.txt? I never was sure where to find robots.txt

It's definitely affecting page loading/photo loading - had a few comments about that. And it's still searching like crazy! Think I'll block it - if someone could kindly explain to me how to do it and where to find robots.txt.

So how do I block it in robots.txt?
My robots.txt
Code:
User-agent: PetalBot
User-agent: AspiegelBot
User-agent: AhrefsBot
User-agent: SemrushBot
User-agent: DotBot
User-agent: MauiBot
User-agent: MJ12bot
User-agent: SemRush
Disallow: /