Is LiteSpeed 6.0.x fine with XenForo?

I am operating my XF forums on Litespeed 6.0.2 as that was updated on 6/12/2021 and have not experienced any problems that I know of. I upgraded to Litespeed 6.0.1 on May 29th and had no problems with that either. I use the Litespeed Xenforo and Litespeed Wordpress plugins as well. :-)

One thing I have noticed about LiteSpeed is that they do regular updates on their product to fix things or improve it. And they seem to be good updates. 👍

I have done nothing to my site as far as optimizing lately and there have been several upgrades to LiteSpeed over the past month or so. I usually score between 0.9 - 1.2 seconds on GTMetrix for the full page load on my Wordpress part of my site at my homepage. With the last two updates that has dropped to as low as 0.5-0.8 seconds on a consistent basis. I'm not sure why that is and can only think about the LiteSpeed updates. If that is the reason for the improved speed, then I'm not complaining and will take it!! (y) 😂

However, I do notice that my forums homepage does not get that good of results. They are still good results don;t get me wrong, but not quite as good as the Wordpress part of the site. I use the LiteSpeed Xenforo plugin, too. I'm not sure why that is? :unsure:

I do think LiteSpeed has a good product. 👍 I never got that low before with NGINX. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️

One thing I have noticed about LiteSpeed is that they do regular updates on their product to fix things or improve it. And they seem to be good updates. 👍

I have done nothing to my site as far as optimizing lately and there have been several upgrades to LiteSpeed over the past month or so. I usually score between 0.9 - 1.2 seconds on GTMetrix for the full page load on my Wordpress part of my site at my homepage. With the last two updates that has dropped to as low as 0.5-0.8 seconds on a consistent basis. I'm not sure why that is and can only think about the LiteSpeed updates. If that is the reason for the improved speed, then I'm not complaining and will take it!! (y) 😂

However, I do notice that my forums homepage does not get that good of results. They are still good results don;t get me wrong, but not quite as good as the Wordpress part of the site. I use the LiteSpeed Xenforo plugin, too. I'm not sure why that is? :unsure:

I do think LiteSpeed has a good product. 👍 I never got that low before with NGINX. :unsure: 🤷‍♂️
With each LS upgrade, is it normal to have to enable GMP again?

With each LS upgrade, is it normal to have to enable GMP again?

Oh, I don't know about that. My host does the upgrades for me. My server is fully managed. But I could ask them if you want? Or many someone else knows?

The only optimizations I tinker with is the LS Cache plugin in the Wordpress admin area. I've used WP Rocket, W3 Total Cache, and WP SuperCache on the Wordpress side. But none have gotten the speed as low as the LS Cache plugin. There are lots of settings in there. It's kind of trial and error.

I think the Wordpress section of my site was around 1.2-1.4 seconds until I added and enabled CloudFlare's Automatic Platform Optimization service for Wordpress. I think then I started going down to around 0.9 seconds load times. And the for some reason in the last month it is going even lower. So, I was thinking the LS Server updates might have been why as nothing else changed with CloudFlare nor did I tinker with any other optimization settings.

I see do see that with LS 6.0.x they added HTTP/3 support and made cache engine enhancements. They call it "significant" so maybe that is where the speed improvements are? :unsure:

I did notice recently that my cached content in CloudFlare went from around 60+% to just over 90% lately as well. I'm not sure if LS helped with any of that or not. Maybe it was the CloudFlare Automatic Platform Optimization service for Wordpress. 🤷‍♂️

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed any gains in speed with the latest LS Server updates?

I use the latest release of LiteSpeed 5.4.x but I'm wondering if I can upgrade to 6.0.x. Is it known to cause any issues or is it not even relevant to XenForo operating?

We've been using it for years and no issues here. The 6.x release is working great. You may also want to use the XF plugin for it but I'm assuming you have already.

Have you noticed any performance gains from the most recent LS updates that result in better site load times?
Not really but we're not at scale to notice - not enough visitors. It is lightning fast though. I haven't done any load testing or anything in a long time. It's definitely faster than apache. I think php 8 w/JIT may make it significantly faster, but had some issues with it due to a third party add-on. I can't give you a thorough analysis about the performance though.

Top Bottom