Is it possible..

I would venture a guess at no, it looks like wix uses its own site templates (like you select from their stuff and pick one) and it seems the whole point of that site is to let people make tiny simple pages without actually learning anything that they can take somewhere else, and I don't even know if you can have a database on their system which is needed for just about any forum.

You need a real server that you can call your own, even if it is a cheap shared environment.

Hmm ok.

I recently paid them 150 or something for a hosting package that included unlimited pages and views for 1 year. They do have templates but you can also start with blank pages and use html.

I wouldn't say I'm a newb at this but I'm no pro either. I think I read somewhere (can't remember now) about someone doing it with some type of html app...? Not this software but another one..

Thanks

Wix does not support things like PHP and MySQL DBs. To use XF, you would need separate hosting for the forum part of the web site (though that may be slightly difficult to incorporate with Wix itself).

Ok so I'll need:

another domain
hosting services
this forum software

And...?

I'm total open to what hosting to use I do not want something cheap.

I also might consider paying someone to set it up but I'd like to learn to do it myself if its not to complicated.

Thanks

Last edited:
Ok so I'll need:

another domain
hosting services
this forum software

And...?
That's it.

It's entirely up to you which host you go with, as long as they comply with the requirements.
Typically it depends on your budget, whether you want shared or VPS, managed or unmanaged, cPanel (or similar) or none.

Installation is relatively easy if you know how to FTP files and create a database instance.

Top Bottom