XF 1.5 Is it possible to search members for empty profile fields?

Alpha1

Due to issues with guest viewing I am getting many thousands of new registrations a day. Way more than we can review/moderate in a timely order. I need to find a way to identify the accounts who have empty profile fields, so I can mass reject those registrations.

Is there any way to search for an empty field in the users search?

No, you can only search for them by particular values. Even querying this in the DB directly will be tricky depending on what you mean by "empty" profile fields.

I'd note that if you're talking about manually approving users, then the only fields they'd (likely) have filled in are the ones on the registration form. If you make those fields required, then every user would have them entered.

We require that new users fill in various fields. But often they will just enter 'n/a' or something random.

Could I use a query to delete accounts 'awaiting moderation' with less than X characters in the 'about' field?
The influx is so fast that we cannot cope with it. Its coming in much faster than we can process it. My staff is going bonkers.

I assumed it was a custom user field - you can't do that with the default fields.

You could consider removing/editing out the default fields and switching to custom fields, which would then give you that level of control.

You can't remove them via an option but you can always use CSS or edit the template(s).

Of course, if you went that route, you would have to migrate all of the existing content in the default fields for the current members, to the new custom fields.

I think this is an excellent idea. This will cause a serious problem with existing members though: I don't want to harass hundreds of thousands of valid users about filling in profile fields. So I will need to add some form use user state checking so that only users awaiting moderation / email confirmation need to complete the fields.

Top Bottom