Is it possible to read INBOX messages by other users?

ineedhelp

I mean like say member A and member B are having a private inbox conversation...

Can I, being the Mod, Admin, site owner, view their private inbox messages?

Thanks.

Such addon is vital. Spammers sign up to your board and send spam PM's via your won forum. Nothing wrong to check what your members talk about.
Why not disallow sending of personal conversations to new members?
And use usergroup promotions to allow members with a certain post count, the privilege to send personal conversations.

Certain privacy laws beg to differ. ;)
Dude don't lecture me. I want this functionality and this is the end of it. I don't give a **** about your precious privacy laws. On my forum I control the content. So if anyone knows a plugin it would be great cause I am really starting to regret spending all that money on a forum software with so many shortcomings other systems have solved years ago!

Dude don't lecture me. I want this functionality and this is the end of it. I don't give a **** about your precious privacy laws. On my forum I control the content. So if anyone knows a plugin it would be great cause I am really starting to regret spending all that money on a forum software with so many shortcomings other systems have solved years ago!

You might own the content, but do you believe the majority of your members would feel like posting if they knew you read their 'private' conversations? While it is assumed they are private, and you can look it up at any time, it is more a matter of trust.

Must not read a lot if you considered that a lecture.

In any case, it was a friendly reminder/notice about why this isn't default in XenForo, and likely as to why a programmer hasn't come around to create an add-on to do such a thing as far as I'm aware. I didn't mean it to be taken so personal, but very well, I'll give you a wide circle should I see you around and avoid giving any advice, as I certainly didn't and don't want cause you any distress. :)

@ Forsaken: Dude don't you get it?? I do not care about your opinion! If you are not able to contribute something useful then don't answer. I make > 16.000$/month as an internet marketer and when I say that it is vital to stop spammers from stealing my users, hence my earning, then trust me that this is an issue that needs to be addressed. The spammers do not give jack about privacy laws and trust either and you as an admin are the only one who can stop them in their tracks. And although I hate to repeat myself: I don't want to be lectured and please keep your opinions to yourself as I really and genuinely do not care.
So in other words, xenForo is unfit for Internet Marketers and spam prevention and the community has nothing to offer but excuses for the shortcomings. So vB + PM Mod w/o lecture it is after all. Thanks for making my decision on where to spend money for 2 licenses so easy!

I am really starting to regret spending all that money on a forum software...
"all that money"? I would think a high-roller such as yourself spends more than that on lunch or handmade Italian shoes every day.

You seem tense, bro. You should take some of that "> 16.000$/month" and get a massage.

@ Forsaken: Dude don't you get it?? I do not care about your opinion! If you are not able to contribute something useful then don't answer. I make > 16.000$/month as an internet marketer and when I say that it is vital to stop spammers from stealing my users, hence my earning, then trust me that this is an issue that needs to be addressed. The spammers do not give jack about privacy laws and trust either and you as an admin are the only one who can stop them in their tracks. And although I hate to repeat myself: I don't want to be lectured and please keep your opinions to yourself as I really and genuinely do not care.
So in other words, xenForo is unfit for Internet Marketers and spam prevention and the community has nothing to offer but excuses for the shortcomings. So vB + PM Mod w/o lecture it is after all. Thanks for making my decision on where to spend money for 2 licenses so easy!
have a nice life

I chose IPBoard for my needs, they were immediately forthcoming to supply me with what I needed and were very amused about this thread. I prefer dealing with professionals anyway. If I needed the "kiddie - attitude" displayed here, I could have chosen a free forum software like SMF. Oh wait, they ALSO have a plugin to read PM's ... thanks again for the professional help. xenForo will have a hard time competing with this attitude here. Btw, I bought 3 licenses, got a xenForo refugee discount and I have no idea how much I will need in the future, but surely more then 3. Later dudes ;)

Top Bottom