1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Is it possible to put selected users in moderation in just one forum?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by CyclingTribe, Nov 20, 2013.

1. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

I'm asking because after looking around in the usergroup and node settings it doesn't seem like it.

I have a political debating forum on CycleChat that can get quite heated at times; when that happens I would like to be able to put selected members into moderation for this specific forum only.

If I create a usergroup and set the - Follow message moderation rules: - permission to Never, it puts the user's posts into moderation, but does it for the whole site.

When I go into the Node permissions there doesn't appear to be a setting for - Follow message moderation rules: ?

So is there a way of achieving what I want or is it simply not an option at the moment?

Shaun :D
  2. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

You're not far off.....

This will bring up your node list.

Select "permissions" on the node it's self, then select the user group you would like to change. This will change only that node, for that user group, and not globally for the whole site.
  3. eagle eyes

eagle eyes Active Member

There is no such option there in per nodes per group.
  4. Adam Howard

There is indeed

(follow the white rabbit)

See screen shots......

Attached Files:

5. Adam Howard

6. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

He asked for the ability to moderate posts in a particular forum, not prevent them from posting altogether.

To answer the OP, no, it is not possible to moderate per forum.
    I believe it has been suggested though.
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  7. Adam Howard

I understood the question....

..... I just forgot I had an add-on for that. :oops:
    CyclingTribe likes this.
  8. CyclingTribe

Okay, thanks - I'll try and find the suggestion and "like" it. (y)
  9. CyclingTribe