XF 2.0 Is it possible to pay for XF support or assistance to perform an import from one XF installation to another?

Chernabog

Hello! Another XF community is merging with mine and I want to merge in their user base, messages and forums/posts with ours. It may be a little complex (I've never done a XF merge so no idea) but I was wondering if there was an option to pay for a XF team member to help facilitate the import?

Thanks!

Let me just say database problem SOLVED through SSH -- Thanks to someone, very nice and awesome, whom has requested to remain nameless.

Now time to upgrade and then import. Woot!!

@MySiteGuy Hello - just following on from this - I have the importer setup and need to import from 3x different installations, all on V2.0. The issue I have is that my hosting doesn't allow MySQL connections, only SSH connections. Will the importer just do SSH by default or is additional coding needed?

Thank you!

@MySiteGuy Hello - just following on from this - I have the importer setup and need to import from 3x different installations, all on V2.0. The issue I have is that my hosting doesn't allow MySQL connections, only SSH connections. Will the importer just do SSH by default or is additional coding needed?

Thank you!

The XF 2.x importer, if you have the other installations on the server, can be run from the ssh command line. You start the import process for each in the admin panel, and it will get to the stage where it's about to pull the data from the source database. At that point it gives you the option to continue the import via your web browser, or to do it (faster) from ssh (it will have a "cli" tab for this). This tab gives you the ssh command you'll need to run from ssh to complete the import there.

Top Bottom