Is it possible to have two forum software's on one site?

Kent55

Hi, this may sound weird but is it possible to use multiple forum software's on one site? Say if I put XenForo in a forum directory and had another in no directory would it work?

Thanks in advance.

I don't really know :LOL: I just wondered as it would be quite funny having like 6 different forum software's on one site :) Plus I have licences for vBulletin and XenForo so I was wondering if I could use both on one site!

Thanks! I'll try it later! :D

P.S would I need to create a new database for the second forum or do I just use the same one?

Yeah you could. However it's going to bog the server down something awful. Depends on your server size really. Think of all the resources it takes for one forum to run.

Yeah you could. However it's going to bog the server down something awful. Depends on your server size really. Think of all the resources it takes for one forum to run.
My web host has unlimited disk space and bandwidth will it make any difference or will it still bog my server(s) down?

My web host has unlimited disk space and bandwidth will it make any difference or will it still bog my server(s) down?

There is no such thing as unlimited except in advertising gimmicks. All things have limits. Most of those unlimited hosts are shared hosting anyways - meaning other people can slow your site down without you doing anything. Shared hosting is cheap but a very unfair system, which is why I stay far away from it.

Rob said it - RAM and Memory. Those are the the things that matter.

There is no such thing as unlimited except in advertising gimmicks. All things have limits. Most of those unlimited hosts are shared hosting anyways - meaning other people can slow your site down without you doing anything. Shared hosting is cheap but a very unfair system, which is why I stay far away from it.

Rob said it - RAM and Memory. Those are the the things that matter.
I have VPS hosting I never had shared.

P.S Your site has a spelling error in the rules page.
Thought I would let you know. ;)

6gad6o.png

If it is meant to be like this then sorry.

You should set a different cookie prefix for each forum so their cookies don't conflict. Add this code to the library/config.php file:

Rich (BB code):
$config['cookie'] = array(
	'prefix' => 'xf_',
	'path' => '/',
	'domain' => ''
);

You should set a different cookie prefix for each forum so their cookies don't conflict. Add this code to the library/config.php file:

Rich (BB code):
$config['cookie'] = array(
'prefix' => 'xf_',
'path' => '/',
'domain' => ''
);
Do I do this if I am using two separate databases?

Also how would I make it so that I can use them both on the same database?

Top Bottom