Is it possible to give someone an admin permission but not make them Staff?

tehelgee

On my forum, we have a position called Stylist, who are granted the sole admin permission of editing themes.

I want to make those with that permission to not be Staff. Is that possible?

Will that permit them to be put on the ignore list?
It should, and there's a way to only grant them style & language permissions.

In the admin CP go to users > Administrators > Add Administrator, type in the user you want to grant admin access to, then select the areas in the admin CP they're allowed access to, hit save.

They will appear as a regular member to everyone else and won't appear on the staff list at all, but will be able to access the specified sections of the admin CP. Good for your 'stylist' group. :) Hope this helped!

It should, and there's a way to only grant them style & language permissions.

In the admin CP go to users > Administrators > Add Administrator, type in the user you want to grant admin access to, then select the areas in the admin CP they're allowed access to, hit save.

They will appear as a regular member to everyone else and won't appear on the staff list at all, but will be able to access the specified sections of the admin CP. Good for your 'stylist' group. :) Hope this helped!

That's exactly what I want. Appear as a regular user to everyone else, including being ignored if a user decides to do so, and only access to the styles section of the ACP.

That's exactly what I want. Appear as a regular user to everyone else, including being ignored if a user decides to do so, and only access to the styles section of the ACP.
So do as me and Brogan said. Keep their primary membergroup as a membr or the 'stylist' group if you have one, and where it says Administrators, make them an admin.....here is a snapshot:

As you can see, I show where you an accomplish this. I've made the user "Username123" have access to the admin CP styles & languages area and the ability to rebuild caches, and nothing else. They will appear as a regular member as long as you:
1)Don't change their primary group
2) Do not check "Display as Staff" when editing their profile, which you do not need to do to make them an incognito administrator.

Attachments

• howtomakedescreteadmin.webp
    howtomakedescreteadmin.webp
    76.8 KB · Views: 5
So do as me and Brogan said. Keep their primary membergroup as a membr or the 'stylist' group if you have one, and where it says Administrators, make them an admin.....here is a snapshot:

As you can see, I show where you an accomplish this. I've made the user "Username123" have access to the admin CP styles & languages area and the ability to rebuild caches, and nothing else. They will appear as a regular member as long as you:
1)Don't change their primary group
2) Do not check "Display as Staff" when editing their profile, which you do not need to do to make them an incognito administrator.

I've done this, and it appears to be functioning just as I want it to.

Thank you and @Brogan both for the assistance. :)

Top Bottom