1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal that the Xenforo announcements on my site remain persistent?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Nicky Vermeersch, Jun 8, 2013.

1. Nicky Vermeersch

Nicky Vermeersch Active Member

I am talking about the announcement that appears on the top of the website, where your admin bar usually is.

If you look at the attachment you see that there's a news announcement how the site updated to Xenforo software, but it dates back from 11/23?

Does anyone else have it too on their sites? (and can I disable it, or modify it for my own announcements? :D)

Attached Files:

2. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That's not a default feature... Or at least I've never seen it before. Look into the templates, especially "moderator_bar".

Past that, what add-ons do you have installed?

Edit: It also looks like that's an add-on with the user bar, since XenForo doesn't come default with that. So its definitely related to an add-on.

3. xIsabel38

xIsabel38 Well-Known Member

It's probably your Theme.

4. CyclingTribe

CyclingTribe Well-Known Member

It's part of the Flexile theme and can be removed in the style settings - sorry, can't remember exactly where, but I had the same issue when I used the style on GeeksChat. (y)

5. Nicky Vermeersch

Addons:

Donation Manager
    Nodes as Tabs
    Xenfore Resource Manager
    8Wayrun.com XenPorta
    Minecraft Server Status

The theme is Erik's Flexile theme.

6. Nicky Vermeersch

I just finished checking Costumized Components, couldn't find a string that contained that text message

7. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Style Properties > Flexile Style Properties

CyclingTribe likes this.
  8. Nicky Vermeersch

Wow, that was pretty far away. Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't see these options yet for the theme :p