1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it allowed to unlink footer copyright notice or add nofollow attribute

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by BenForum, Sep 26, 2012.

1. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

i haven’t done this myself yet because i am unsure but have seen some popular xenforo powered forum have either added a nofollow attribute or unlinked it ...
  2. MagnusB

MagnusB Well-Known Member

You cant change it unless you pay for branding removal.
    MichaelDance and Chris D like this.
  3. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

These forums then are breaking the license agreement (if they haven't bought branding removal) :(
    BenForum likes this.
  4. Adam Howard

Adam Howard Well-Known Member

If you see a site which has removed the copyright or has added a "no follow" attribute and you suspect them of copyright theft, the easiest thing you can do is report them

It's what I do. :)
  5. MichaelDance

MichaelDance Well-Known Member

Dont keep it then people like us hate them lol :) we're the XenFamily, if people don't want to be then break the terms.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  6. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

removed ...
  7. Adam Howard

^^^ Not my site ;) (so have no idea)

(Although I do help them promote their site. So I can understand the confusion. You'd have to ask ROB)
  8. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

That's not Adam's site. His site is SociallyUncensored.

Either way, I don't think a public forum is the best place to name and shame people who may or may not have purchased the Branding Removal.

I would suggest contacting XenForo directly via the contact form who will act if appropriate.
    Adam Howard likes this.
  9. BenForum

BenForum Active Member

you said very right going to remove my previous post
    Adam Howard and Chris D like this.
  10. Adam Howard

No worries. :)
    BenForum likes this.