Is Google Biased For Adsense Users?

Anthony Parsons

I've run my main site without using ads since inception... and in the last couple of weeks I have now added Adsense ads. My site growth has been steady, stable and consistent from a statistical view. Added Adsense two weeks ago, this week my traffic jumped around 200 per day. Just so happens advertisers are targeting my site specifically with their ads. Coincidence??? Or not???

Like seriously... is Google actually biased and gives a little more to sites running their ads?

I know they tend to punish those using affiliate links, have for years... but this is just ridiculous of Google IMHO. They're supposed to be unbiased in traffic and rankings, yet there are known partners who get precedence for rankings, and now this noticeable traffic increase since adding Adsense.

It is possible, either directly (by them knowingly boosting site rankings) or indirectly by extra indexing that they do to check if the ads are being displayed correctly for example. It is known they they do increase rankings for using other Google services like Google+ or business reviews.

Most likely the increase is a result of google mediapartner spiders going over your content over and over again.

See if you see unusual high numbers of robots in your members online now thingy in the sidebar.

Did you add adsense a) directly at html level (added the adsense javascript to html) or b) did you activate adsense within your doubleclick account and adsense is now served with the doubleclick javascript?

My guess is that advertisers directly targeting your site is a good indicator for the good content you provide.

I enabled it at HTML level. I inserted the code, customised, directly into my XF ad templates using responsive / multiple version delivery based on widths.

My sites are niche, and the main one is the largest of its kind in the world... so yes, the content is quality.

Top Bottom