Is anyone watching the Olympics?

There's a few Canadian athletes, mostly ones from the city where I live, that I will keep an eye on but not going to be glued to the TV 24x7 or anything.

I was a bit watching openings. So boring. Don't really get it what the fuss about it. But, I don't watch sports in general. It interests me only if I participate.

As the parent of an athlete (sprinter / hurdler - currently ranked 3rd fastest in Australia in his age group) - the Olympics have great interest for our family.

Even more so now that they've announced the 2032 Olympics will be held here in Australia - right around the time my son should be reaching his peak.

It will be entirely up to him to decide if he wants to go down that path of aiming to compete - a lot can change in the next 11 years.

We regularly watch athletics competitions from around the world on YouTube and thoroughly enjoyed watching the NCAA Championships and the Olympic trials from the US a few weeks ago.

Absolutely, especially the Olympic road race events! Those were very exciting. We’ve had enough doom and gloom here in Japan, the Games are a welcome distraction. :)

No, only because of the 12 hour time difference. I do keep up daily on how Canada is doing though.
Yeah, the women's swimming last night was almost 11pm and that's getting late for me. Certainly, the latest you would get me up watching the tube these days. It's easy enough to catch up next morning, too. BTW, it's actually 13 hours. I checked last night.

Top Bottom