Is 70 members in 1 months decent growith in the forum ?

garry420

I have community of 70 members approx now
is 70 members in 1 months decent growth in the forum ?
or i am lagging behind ?

we
Depends.

A growth of 10 members who contribute beats 200 members that don't.
well i can make guys active but since i don't have time to control .. i haven't started yet ...posts have started coming by self
I am still stuck with index.php and i feel like if i increase the number of posts ...later on fixing it will be tough..just searching for guy who can do it in cheap..majority of developers here charge as per american markets and i don't have that much

This made me dig into our archive on the way back machine :)
Here is our stats after 1 month (and a few days):-
Threads: 638, Posts: 3,923, Members: 307, Active Members: 252

Remember, every forum is different and each niche will vary too. If you are gaining active members then any rate of growth is acceptable - you'll never get smaller, only bigger.

This made me dig into our archive on the way back machine :)
Here is our stats after 1 month (and a few days):-

Remember, every forum is different and each niche will vary too. If you are gaining active members then any rate of growth is acceptable - you'll never get smaller, only bigger.
i could had easily touched 200 mark with 200-300 threads but that would need time and i don't have time.

I hear you. How much your forum grows is directly proportional to the amount of effort you put it :) I remember the stage you were at now and boy oh boy... lol Enjoy it... it gets harder from here :D
Until i start earning from forum to something that can feed me...its tough to give time.
how much members and visits do i need to start earning from the forum ?

Until i start earning from forum to something that can feed me...its tough to give time.
how much members and visits do i need to start earning from the forum ?
Uhhh... I hope you didn't seriously get into a forum expecting to make enough money to live off of in the near future. If you did, then you better get REAL busy building up content to drive traffic your way.
I've got several forums that have been up for about 8 months and on 2 of them most of the registered users were "spam" users till I got it under control.
My most successful one has been my latest, and it's only got about 15 members - most of who only visited one or two times since the content is real thin right now (but all the experience I'm gaining from setting up a new server using ProxMox to serve VPS's will be getting relayed there eventually).

Uhhh... I hope you didn't seriously get into a forum expecting to make enough money to live off of in the near future. If you did, then you better get REAL busy building up content to drive traffic your way.
I've got several forums that have been up for about 8 months and on 2 of them most of the registered users were "spam" users till I got it under control.
My most successful one has been my latest, and it's only got about 15 members - most of who only visited one or two times since the content is real thin right now (but all the experience I'm gaining from setting up a new server using ProxMox to serve VPS's will be getting relayed there eventually).
well no..i didn't get into forum thinking of money ..its my passion, my love ..since its religious one..well but if someday i get earning that i can continue to work for my passion and love..
it has to become authority site in coming time...thats why going slow..

As others have said, its the quality of your members that counts, not quantity. I have 100 members which has taken nearly 2 years to achieve. However, due to the niche that I am in and that there are other similar sites, I'm more than happy with that.

Regarding your numbers, I see that only two have double digit post counts, with one of your accounts being the top (and you really must give yourself an avatar). You've got to spend time to drive discussion on your forum, at least in the early days, don't just expect others to do it.

As I've said before, you do need to look a theming your site rather than just using the standard Xenforo theme with no customisation apart from a logo change. So either buy one of the themese in the Resource Manager, use one of the free ones that are there (assuming it works on 1.3) or at least have a go at customising the default theme yourself (changing colours etc).

As for earning from your forum, I'm not sure what you are doing to generate income? I can't see any adverts, so you need to get that sorted. You may also want to look at Viglink or Skimlinks for income generation. Don't expect to be earning much at all in the short term - it needs plenty of visitors to even begin to cover the costs of hosting, domain names, Xenforo purchase and ongoing renewal costs etc let alone making enough to earn a living from.

If you focus on your forum, put in a lot of hard work and time and just enjoy the experience of running a community then hopefully over time it will grow and flourish. :)

As others have said, its the quality of your members that counts, not quantity. I have 100 members which has taken nearly 2 years to achieve. However, due to the niche that I am in and that there are other similar sites, I'm more than happy with that.

Regarding your numbers, I see that only two have double digit post counts, with one of your accounts being the top (and you really must give yourself an avatar). You've got to spend time to drive discussion on your forum, at least in the early days, don't just expect others to do it.

As I've said before, you do need to look a theming your site rather than just using the standard Xenforo theme with no customisation apart from a logo change. So either buy one of the themese in the Resource Manager, use one of the free ones that are there (assuming it works on 1.3) or at least have a go at customising the default theme yourself (changing colours etc).

As for earning from your forum, I'm not sure what you are doing to generate income? I can't see any adverts, so you need to get that sorted. You may also want to look at Viglink or Skimlinks for income generation. Don't expect to be earning much at all in the short term - it needs plenty of visitors to even begin to cover the costs of hosting, domain names, Xenforo purchase and ongoing renewal costs etc let alone making enough to earn a living from.

If you focus on your forum, put in a lot of hard work and time and just enjoy the experience of running a community then hopefully over time it will grow and flourish. :)
man you always come with helping words..thanks a lot
but problem is that i zero at any level of coding and i don't have money to hire anyone...even the installation was done by one of my friend
can i have your skype or fb id ? just a request..
thanks i really appreciate your answers..
my aim isn't earning from it ..but it will be good if it happens some day..
its my love towards the theme that motivates me..
i am not increase posts for reason that still i m not able to fix index.php issue and i have asked my friend to do it..

Wait for a little while, they will start posting about cia.is, via.ra...
or...just change their signatures promoting via...etc.
i have asked guys not to post duplicate things ...thats why little posts i guess ..but i didn't understand what you meant to say

i have asked guys not to post duplicate things ...thats why little posts i guess ..but i didn't understand what you meant to say
He's suggesting that these are spam registrations.

As I've said before, you need to stimulate discussions on your forum in order to encourage members to contribute. Start some discussions yourself rather than expecting new members to do it all. It's your forum and you should have a clear idea about what you would expect to see on there, so demonstrate this to members by starting some interesting discussions for them to participate in.

He's suggesting that these are spam registrations.

As I've said before, you need to stimulate discussions on your forum in order to encourage members to contribute. Start some discussions yourself rather than expecting new members to do it all. It's your forum and you should have a clear idea about what you would expect to see on there, so demonstrate this to members by starting some interesting discussions for them to participate in.
Thanks ..give me link of your fb page...l am promoting ur page for free..i have many big fb pages if not then i will get u some likes from others

Top Bottom