Irritating Mac Problem

Iestyn

Before all you Mac haters reply, this isn't a Mac vs Windows thread, more of a WTF is going wrong lol.

For those of you that are on a Mac, you'll probably recognize this:

CM Capture 1.webp

I keep getting this box pop up when I open certain programs, like Zend Studio, Adium and iTunes (It only occurs in iTunes when I try to use AirPlay to play something on my Apple TV). I've checked, and confirmed that all programs are set to 'allow incoming connections' in the firewall settings and no matter how many times I press 'allow' this pop up keeps showing when I open the programs.

Does anyone know how I can sort this? I'd appreciate it so much. I've done a search, but still can't find anything.

I used to have this problem, then I changed something in the firewall settings and it stopped.

I believe it was Firewall > Advanced > check block all incoming connections which solved it.

Wow that solved the problem, well half of it, if I tick that box it won't let me play movies on my Apple TV. Anyone got any solutions? I've searched everywhere and come up with nothing.

Instead of blocking all incoming connections, you could go to advanced and just block those that give you trouble, in this case Zend Studio.app. Click on the + sign and add the application, then change it to block incoming connections (red dot). I have not tested this however.

Top Bottom