IR Photography Forum

TXPanther

Hi All,

I've had my IR Photography Forum up and Running for a couple of months now Thanks To Russ from Pixel Edit , and Jonathan From KnownHost. Poor Russ has
to have the Patience of a Saint, I know me being Hardheaded and Clueless wasn't an easy combination to work with , but I'm very pleased with what he
crafted for me.

This has all been quite the Adventure from start to finish, with an early mis-step that was about a 2.5 month setback upon finding out that WordPress
wouldn't be the best option/Set Up for a True Photography Forum. XF was the perfect platform for this and have been pleased with it's workings and I'm still
learning.

So, I'd really like your thoughts, suggestions, and Ideas while I have about 260 members, it's not getting a lot of traffic and usage, not sure if that
is most Shooters post on FB or IG and so a true Forum and it's workings is a little much for them ?? I have a FB IR Photography Group with 3K users and
I'd really thought a lot of them would be interested in the Forum Format to not only show better image quality on their images but also not have them
fly off the main stage in a day or sometimes less.

I have the permissions set where "Guests" can see the categories and Threads but not the Posts and Images inside. Membership is free and the Members
have full access.

So, here's the Link to the Forum, Thanks for looking and your help

IR Forum Pic.webpThe Wide World of IR Photography Forum

Thank and Take Care,

Craig

Last edited:
I like the simplicity of your forum. I would suggest not limiting things to guests, you want search engines to pick those pages up and could translate into more traffic for you. I would give the option to the users to have post their images privately or publicly, then in that case they have more flexibility. Good luck!

I like the simplicity of your forum. I would suggest not limiting things to guests, you want search engines to pick those pages up and could translate into more traffic for you. I would give the option to the users to have post their images privately or publicly, then in that case they have more flexibility. Good luck!

Thank You so very much for your time looking and thoughts !!! I really appreciate it, I'll think more about opening up the viewing to not just
Members.

Thanks and Take Care,

CK

I was wondering about having the Landing/Home Page instead of just opening straight to the Forum itself ??? The Home Page was something that
I really wanted, but had been advised against it by several people but of course being HardHeaded I persisted to have it made. I am wondering if it's something that deters people from wanting to join or give it a second look ?

Thanks in Advance, Take Care,

Craig

I
I was wondering about having the Landing/Home Page instead of just opening straight to the Forum itself ??? The Home Page was something that
I really wanted, but had been advised against it by several people but of course being HardHeaded I persisted to have it made. I am wondering if it's something that deters people from wanting to join or give it a second look ?

Thanks in Advance, Take Care,

Craig
It depends how useful your homepage is. Is there going to be a point for people to land on that page?

I

It depends how useful your homepage is. Is there going to be a point for people to land on that page?

Well, It was probably more of I thought it was a good idea and looked good to have a nice opening page.
Just kind of having second thoughts and of course looking back to earlier Recommendations about just going
straight to the forum.

Take Care,

Craig

Well, It was probably more of I thought it was a good idea and looked good to have a nice opening page.
Just kind of having second thoughts and of course looking back to earlier Recommendations about just going
straight to the forum.

Take Care,

Craig
I would only suggest it if it’s going to be useful for the user, no point diverting them away from your main purpose otherwise which is your forum, your user base and your most valued content.

I would only suggest it if it’s going to be useful for the user, no point diverting them away from your main purpose otherwise which is your forum, your user base and your most valued content.

Thanks, I see your point in not being useful to the user, being nice looking doesn't really matter in the scheme of things if it's not
making it more user friendly , especially these days. Appreciate your help and time !!!

Take Care,

Craig

From a theme perspective, I wonder if going with a light or dark color palette (grays and whites) vs a blue would be better. The blue could impact the photography and take away from how the image was meant to be percieved. Not sure though I just always see gallery websites white or black.

From a theme perspective, I wonder if going with a light or dark color palette (grays and whites) vs a blue would be better. The blue could impact the photography and take away from how the image was meant to be percieved. Not sure though I just always see gallery websites white or black.
Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to check out my forum and offer some tips. The Dark Theme actually shows the images very well and
sets a nice backdrop for them.

Again,Thanks for your Suggestions, I appreciate it ,

Take Care,

Craig

Top Bottom