XF 2.0 iPhones using Safari do not show chat reply board.

PrimeGeek

Xenforo build 2.0

Reported by only the one user who uses his iPhone.

Has this been addressed? Do I need to upgrade to latest Xenforo version to fix?

Thanks.

I would be helpful when you tell us which iPhone (Firmware) and which Chat?
You would need to contact the addon developer for support.

I will ask forum member the make and model.

As to developer I'll look into that.

528C82FA-31B2-44FF-91A2-BCAD1C0D970B.webp

Under the blue bar for page markers is supposed to have a chat bar for quick messages. It's missing from both threads and private messages on his Safari App. Just to clarify.

The specific device is immaterial. The OS and version is generally what matters. iPhone 6 supports iOS 12 which, while not exactly current, is recent enough to expect compatibility. Froala itself supports iOS 10+.

I have tested this on BrowserStack using an iPhone 6 running iOS 11 and it seems to work fine:

1619084865276.webp

This implies it may be a specific issue with their device.

It would be interesting to know if they're able to reproduce the issue in this forum. They don't need to register. Any thread within the Pre-sales Questions forum should have the quick reply editor showing for guests.

Ultimately, I can't really suggest much else that we can help with. The first thing we'd have to ask you to do given that you're using a now unsupported version of XF is to upgrade to XF 2.2 before troubleshooting further.

The specific device is immaterial. The OS and version is generally what matters. iPhone 6 supports iOS 12 which, while not exactly current, is recent enough to expect compatibility. Froala itself supports iOS 10+.

I have tested this on BrowserStack using an iPhone 6 running iOS 11 and it seems to work fine:

View attachment 250685

This implies it may be a specific issue with their device.

It would be interesting to know if they're able to reproduce the issue in this forum. They don't need to register. Any thread within the Pre-sales Questions forum should have the quick reply editor showing for guests.

Ultimately, I can't really suggest much else that we can help with. The first thing we'd have to ask you to do given that you're using a now unsupported version of XF is to upgrade to XF 2.2 before troubleshooting further.
Thank you I'll address it to them.

Top Bottom