IPB to xF

I have concerns about the members that registered thru Facebok connect, plus when you use Facebook connect on IPB to sign up, you get prompted to select a local Display Name, is it likewise on xF? (although you should also get prompted to select a password too, for obvious reasons)

The FB app allows people to register (and login) from Facebook, choosing a different name if they wish.

Once they have logged in (registered) via Facebook, they have a user record in the database, the same as any other member.

They don't have a password initially but they can request that one be generated and emailed to them (in the account section), or this will automatically be done if they disassociate their FB account.

They can then log in using the user name or email address and password, like any other member.

I know that already Brogan, that is not the issue, the issue is that lets say we have a community and 500 members signed up using Facebook Connect and for some reason i disable that function...then i will have to manually reset all those passwords, i can't force people to create a local password, i will inform them but i can't be that all of them will create a local password, thus some people won't be able to connect after i disable Facebook Connect.

All i am asking is, when you sign up using Facebook Connect, will you get prompted to create a local, forum password along with a new display name or not? I hope you understand how critical that is...

But after you register you can create a local password? You just can't create it by adding a field on the registration form? (Like the display name)

:S
The FB app allows people to register (and login) from Facebook, choosing a different name if they wish.

Once they have logged in (registered) via Facebook, they have a user record in the database, the same as any other member.

They don't have a password initially but they can request that one be generated and emailed to them (in the account section), or this will automatically be done if they disassociate their FB account.

They can then log in using the user name or email address and password, like any other member.

Hey guys, i want to know if that conversation is 100% eligible :)

Is everything going to work?

I used it to convert my forums into a test instance, I only encountered 1 issue and xenForo fixed it within a day or so. The current xenForo release converts my IPB database flawlessly now. Just waiting on a skin to make the final switch. So yea I feel comfortable saying it works and you shouldn't have any issues (conversion wise).

Top Bottom