1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPB To Xenforo

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by MasonK, May 13, 2015.

1. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Within the next week i'm planning on transferring to Xenforo.

I was looking for help to replace my current add ons.
    • Front Page Portal
    • Badges
    • Credit System (Rack up points and can buy items)
    • Blogs
    • A trading gallery
    • Chat
    I think I found a few, but please let me know if there are better ones.

• Credits AD
    • Credits AD Shop Add On
    • Shoutbox By Luke Foreman
    • MasterBadge
    • Xenporta 2
  2. Alteran Ancient

Alteran Ancient Well-Known Member

Portal: XenPorta or XenPorta2 Pro by Jaxel. The latter one is supported, but costs money.
    Badges: Not sure what you mean by this. If you're referring to staff or rank badges, then this is available in core.
    Credit System: There's [bd]Banking, but check the latest messages as xfrocks have a newer version on their own website.
    Blogs: Better Blogs by Rigel Kentaurus. This one costs money, but if someone spent their time and effort on it, it is up to you to decide whether it is a price you want to pay.
    Chat: I used TaigaChat in the past, but we eventually stopped using this when the Profile Post sidebar was introduced in a XenForo update.

As for Trading, nothing obvious springs to mind. If you can't find any existing add-ons that do the job, then there are a handful of "Mercs for Hire" in the XenForo community who may agree to give you their time to develop an add-on in exchange for a reasonable bounty.
    MasonK likes this.
  3. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Thanks, by badges I mean little grpahics/icons that I can award to members for say, winning a tournament, being around for a certain amount of years, creating articles, etc. The system I would like to be able to manually award people these badges.
  4. click here

click here Active Member

I need this as well... currently in my VB 3.8.1 forum I use an if statement in the template.
  5. The Dark Wizard

The Dark Wizard Well-Known Member

I use this addon to great effect: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-medal.964/
    MasonK likes this.
  6. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Thank you very much, you just saved me $35 from buying master badge.
    The Dark Wizard likes this.
  7. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Is Xenforo paid in USD?
  8. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

9. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Thank you very much, Brogan.
  10. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Also how hard is it to add adsense adds to your forum?
  11. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Very simple.
    MasonK likes this.
  12. MasonK

MasonK Active Member

Thanks again.