IPB to XenForo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mind telling us why you would convert from IPB to XF?
  • The system requirements for XenForo are far more less and so hosting resources are less, thus cost less.
  • Faster
  • More user friendly
  • More secure
  • Easier to learn
  • Is easier to customize without possible conflicts
  • Support is friendlier and treats all their customers as equals, unlike IPB
  • Community here is friendlier
  • The full price is cheaper
  • The renewal fee is cheaper ($40 for everything)
  • The renewal fee is only 1x a year and not every 6 months (2x year) unlike IPB
  • The vast majority of modifications and skins are free
  • Support is free

I could go on, but that covers the simple basics.

• The system requirements for XenForo are far more less and so hosting resources are less, thus cost less.
  • Faster
  • More user friendly
  • More secure
  • Easier to learn
  • Is easier to customize without possible conflicts
  • Support is friendlier and treats all their customers as equals, unlike IPB
  • Community here is friendlier
  • The full price is cheaper
  • The renewal fee is cheaper ($40 for everything)
  • The renewal fee is only 1x a year and not every 6 months (2x year) unlike IPB
  • The vast majority of modifications and skins are free
  • Support is free
I could go on, but that covers the simple basics.
Thanks, but I was asking the OP what particular reasons he has to move from IPB to XF :) I am well aware of the things XF does better than IPB. However the biggest bummer for me XF has at this point in time is the limited feature set and limited advanced add-ons (there are way more add-ons for IPB than XF, paid or free). Pricewise you would pay more for a complete XF than IPB (User Essentials costs $30, Conversation Essentials cost $40, +20% VAT on all official XF add-ons for european customers etc etc.)

Thanks, but I was asking the OP what particular reasons he has to move from IPB to XF :) I am well aware of the things XF does better than IPB. However the biggest bummer for me XF has at this point in time is the limited feature set and limited advanced add-ons (there are way more add-ons for IPB than XF, paid or free). Pricewise you would pay more for a complete XF than IPB (User Essentials costs $30, Conversation Essentials cost $40, +20% VAT on all official XF add-ons for european customers etc etc.)
IPB has more paid modifications, unless you're counting the small little junk things people toss out there. If you're actually looking for desirable products expect to pay a large sum on IPB.

XenForo still remains less costly and everything found in those 2 modifications you list, will most likely be added in 1.2 and if not, can be done without purchasing those two modifications for free.

IPB has more paid modifications, unless you're counting the small little junk things people toss out there. If you're actually looking for desirable products expect to pay a large sum on IPB.

XenForo still remains less costly and everything found in those 2 modifications you list, will most likely be added in 1.2 and if not, can be done without purchasing those two modifications for free.

IPB has out of the box a brighter feature set than XF at this point in time (meaning IPB 3.3.X and XF 1.1.2, the OP is moving to XF 1.1.2, not 1.2). Sure IPB costs more than XF for the core product, but if you want XF can do things what IPB can out of the box you have to pay more for XF.

IPB has out of the box a brighter feature set than XF at this point in time (meaning IPB 3.3.X and XF 1.1.2, the OP is moving to XF 1.1.2, not 1.2). Sure IPB costs more than XF for the core product, but if you want XF can do things what IPB can out of the box you have to pay more for XF.
If you're happy with IPB, why are you here? (Is you goal only to promote IPB?)

Again, you can do everything IPB does and more in XenForo for free.

If you're happy with IPB, why are you here? (Is you goal only to promote IPB?)
I am here because I am a XF customer who is interested in knowing why people would move from other forum solutions to XF. Just because I am a XF customer doesn't mean than I have to be a biased XF fanboy who trashes other forum solutions in every XF vs. XXX debates :)

Again, you can do everything IPB does and more in XenForo for free.
Out of the box, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom