XF 2.0 IPB Importer

Booth

Hi, I'm sure I'm missing something but I can't find importers for IPB in XF 1.5 or XF 2. There only seems to be importers for vBulletin and Xenforo 2 in the importer add-on folder.

Are they available to download somewhere else? Thanks.

Yes, XenForo Media Gallery includes an importer for IP Gallery. You will need to do this after you have imported the forum part, and before you upgrade to XF2.

Another question, I've imported the IPB data into XF1 and a lot of content has lots of viewable code like...

Code:
<p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p><p>

<span>

Anyway to remove all that?

Anyway to remove all that?
I would probably use this:

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-content-find-replace.5748/

It is safe however accidents can happen so I would strongly recommend taking a database backup before use! There is more information about it in the XF1 thread too, this is mentioned on the page I linked to. (y)

@Booth , can I ask you a tiny question please ? Do your PM's have any attachments and did these import if so ? Please ignore this question if you want to I am merely curious on this 'item' as such.

@Booth , can I ask you a tiny question please ? Do your PM's have any attachments and did these import if so ? Please ignore this question if you want to I am merely curious on this 'item' as such.

I didn't have attachments allowed in PM's so can't help with that spider.

The attachments in posts seems to have worked fine though.

I didn't have attachments allowed in PM's so can't help with that spider.
That's OK, I appreciate the answer, thank you! :) I did not want to derail your topic by going into why I asked.
The attachments in posts seems to have worked fine though.
That's good, about 95% of post ones survived with some odd exceptions, did not track down why.
That's a great add-on but unfortunately it doesn't affect profile posts :(
Oh. Perhaps the query just needs changing to the profile post table instead of the regular post table. I've not looked yet.
Media gallery issue.

Ignore, issue fixed after re-downloading and re-uploading all files.
So all is good now ? :)

That's OK, I appreciate the answer, thank you! :) I did not want to derail your topic by going into why I asked.

That's good, about 95% of post ones survived with some odd exceptions, did not track down why.

Oh. Perhaps the query just needs changing to the profile post table instead of the regular post table. I've not looked yet.

So all is good now ? :)

Yes thanks, just upgrading from 1.5 to 2.0 now.

Top Bottom