IPB Conversion and FB login

AzzidReign

I was wondering that after setting up the FB login for xF, if my IPB conversion FB users will be able to access their accounts that way or if we are going to lose all of our FB users. OR, does something else happen with those users?

One other question...why is the FB logins different from IPB to xF? I didn't have to fill out all that app information with IPB, just wondering why that is.

The FB app allows people to register (and login) from Facebook.

Once they have logged in (registered) via Facebook, they have a user record in the database, the same as any other member.

They don't have a password initially but they can request that one be generated and emailed to them (in the account section), or this will automatically be done if they disassociate their FB account.

They can then log in using the user name or email address and password, like any other member.

The FB app allows people to register (and login) from Facebook.

Once they have logged in (registered) via Facebook, they have a user record in the database, the same as any other member.

They don't have a password initially but they can request that one be generated and emailed to them (in the account section), or this will automatically be done if they disassociate their FB account.

They can then log in using the user name or email address and password, like any other member.
So prior to the conversion I'm going to have to have all my FB users create a password on their account just to get them to work? I'm still very unclear as to what I need to announce to these users, if there is anything I need to do prior to the conversion I need to do, or if there is anything after the conversion that I need to do.

So prior to the conversion I'm going to have to have all my FB users create a password on their account just to get them to work? I'm still very unclear as to what I need to announce to these users, if there is anything I need to do prior to the conversion I need to do, or if there is anything after the conversion that I need to do.
From what I've gathered, they have to go into the app when the reconnected their accounts and request a password from there (if I'm correct). It's best to have someone who has a FB account linked to check and make sure you can do so.

Top Bottom