IPB 3.4.6 - XenForo?

Hey guys, I'm wanting to purchase a XenForo license and convert my IPB 3.4.6 boards to Xenforo.

I'm just wondering how difficult the process is?

How exactly it works?

and more importantly if Xenforo actually lets me convert 3.4.6.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry about that, thank you for the response guys.

Looks like I'll be purchasing a license tonight :)
You'll love it here.

The community is overall friendly and supportive, as well as very active. This is why XenForo's support forums are viewable to the public for everyone to see. The software is flexible, easy to use, customizable, uses virtually little to no resources, and best of all it's very economical.

Welcome to XenForo :)

You said "little to no".

It is impossible for it to use no resources.
Where are you from @Brogan? I think we have small difference in speech.

Here "little to nothing" means not exactly nothing (not absolute zero), but rather so small that it's virtually inconsequential (not worth mentioning).

Now if you disagree with that, we'll have to agree to disagree, because I do find a stock install of XenForo to be of that "quality"

I've purchased my License and set up a host with StableHost along with transferring my domain of my IPB forums to StableHost from GoDaddy..7

and now I have no idea what is going on?

my domain from my initial IPB forums was what I set up with my StableHost which worked fine (IPB forum still up and running) and then I decided to purchase the domain with/for my new host.

So now my website www.TechInformed.net is currently down, and I don't have access to it through my new host or do I? Where will I access the install splash screen once I've uploaded XenForo to my /public_html directory?

I removed my parked domain from IPB cpanel, and can't add it to my stablehost cpanel as it is the main domain? ARGHHHH WTF

I'm so confused, not going to lie (n)

You will need to wait for the domain transfer to complete before attempting to install the software.

Your host should be able to help you with that.

XenForo can't be installed in the same directory as existing software.
You can install it in a temporary directory, do the import then move it (and the IPB installation).

For further support please post in the the customer support forums, this is the pre-sales forum.

Great.

However sorry to keep nagging you.

But the domain transfer was declined, is there not just a way in which I can point my domain to the site rather than having to transfer it to StableHost?
This is something you should get in contact with your register. Unless you have your domain locked (unlock it) or entered the wrong transfer code, you can still force the transfer. I've done that before, but it could take time.

Who was your register originally?

Top Bottom