1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IPB 3.2 to Xenforo - I need confirmation

Discussion in 'XenForo Pre-Sales Questions' started by James33, Dec 24, 2011.

1. James33

James33 Member

I am just about to purchase xenforo license but I just need confirmation about converting from IPB to Xenforo .

Is there an official converter from IPB 3.2 to Xenforo ? If yes , is there any documentation ? I really do not want to risk anything my board has 350.000 posts and 9.000 members.
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

XenForo has the ability to import data from other forum software, a process also known as converting. Version 1.1 of XenForo supports the following:
    • vBulletin 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8.
    • Invision Power Board 3.1 and 3.2.
    • phpBB 3.0.

3. James33

James33 Member

Okay that is for sure helps , I will purchase tonight , wish me good luck :whistle: I hope everything goes smooth with converting
  4. James33

James33 Member

Sorry but one more question , will i be first installing the xenforo and then import the database from admin panel ? or will it ask me to import data through installation ?
  5. Brogan

Install XenForo first then do the import via the ACP.
  6. James32

James32 New Member

I cannot complete purhcase , keeps giving me error message when trying to login as a customer ' I registered twice but not working.
    XenForo - Error
    No customer could be found with that email address.
  7. Brogan

I can only assume you aren't logging in with the email address you have registered with.

Bear in mind the customer account section is separate from the forum.